KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Venting about the KNOTS in my yarn (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85195)

crazykntter83 11-01-2008 09:58 PM

Venting about the KNOTS in my yarn

I'm just really upset because I got a ton of freakin knots in my Caron's Simply soft eco. I got this really pretty color that I'm going to use to make a shrug. But there's like a billion knots in it! Ok, so I always unravel the skein and wrap it into a ball. I'll usually run into a FEW knots, like maybe 3, 4 max. But this thing has like ten thousand of them. And I mean, I don't mind the usual three or four. But I'm not even half through unraveling the skein and have run into all these issues. :wall: Has anyone else run into a problem like this, or is it just me. Sorry about the vent, just got really frustrated just now.

suzeeq 11-01-2008 10:33 PM

That's far too many. I would contact the Caron company and let them know about it. They may replace it for you.

crazykntter83 11-01-2008 10:38 PM

Yeah, I'm seriously thinking about it. I mean, I really don't mind a few knots, but I have a ton of them, and they're very tight. Some of them I can get pulled out with a knitting needle. I've just never had a problem like this before. I unraveled another skein, which is the same kind that I have with the knots, and it only had one knot in it.

lelvsdgs 11-01-2008 11:00 PM

I agree with suzeeq. Plus, they won't know there's a problem unless we complain. Sorry about your frustration....

crazykntter83 11-01-2008 11:08 PM

Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to end up doing. I didn't even think of that until susie mentioned it.

Sewing Angel 11-02-2008 02:00 AM

Sorry about your yarn. That must be really frustrating. I think I would contact the company also.

I just wanted to say how cute your kitties are! As you can tell by my avatar, I kinda like black and white cats!

Angel

teachermom 11-02-2008 08:47 AM

I have had problems with Caron before with knots... I hate them, but do understand that one or two will happen from time to time. I usually cut them and then re-join my yarn as though I was starting a new skein. It is a pain, but not so bad when you are only dealing with a knot or two.

The previous posts said it - contact the company. Good luck, I'm sorry about your yarn. It is frustrating.

crazykntter83 11-02-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewing Angel (Post 1169178)
I just wanted to say how cute your kitties are! As you can tell by my avatar, I kinda like black and white cats!

Angel

Thanks! I have six cats, two of them are black and white, one's black, and two are tiger striped, the other grey and white.The grey and white one in the pic is Wilbur, then the other one is Batman. :)

Kinnexa 11-02-2008 01:55 PM

Yecch, knots! Please do us all a favor and let Caron know.

Happy knitting! (I bet all those cats will help...mine do) ;)

crazykntter83 11-02-2008 05:40 PM

LOL. It was funny last night, my little grey cat Wilbur LOVES yarn. She just loves to "help" me. She'll carry the yarn away whenever I'm knitting, then break it. She just got spayed on thursday. She was laying on the floor and I was on my bed trying to get the knots out. She looked so tempted to jump up and help, but she didn't. I think she was either still too sore to mess with it, or she knew I was frustrated and kept away. But anyway, I just thought it was too cute, so I just had to share!:teehee: