KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pattern Central (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   It's HARD to Find Men's Fisherman's Sweater Patterns! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86229)

Arielluria 12-02-2008 10:22 AM

It's HARD to Find Men's Fisherman's Sweater Patterns!
 
I tried searching for fishermen's sweaters / aran sweaters on Ravelry and on blogs. It's HARD to find any!!!! If you have a pattern to share, please do!

cheley 12-02-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arielluria (Post 1179630)
I tried searching for fishermen's sweaters / aran sweaters on Ravelry and on blogs. It's HARD to find any!!!! If you have a pattern to share, please do!

Try Lion Brand...you have to create an account, log in and start checking the patterns:hug:

Jan in CA 12-02-2008 02:59 PM

Are you meaning the traditional patterns where the design was on the chest only? Can't you just knit any sweater like that? I found 3 pages of aran men patterns on Ravelry. Most are not free if that's what you mean. Here's a few that could be altered to be traditional.

http://www.knitting-crochet.com/menpuloveiriknit.html
http://www.knotions.com/patterns/mag...irections.aspx

Here's a book or two.. Maybe your library has them.. ?
http://www.amazon.com/Knitting-Nethe...N%3D0937274178
http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Diamond...N%3D0892726881

Little Audrey 12-02-2008 03:03 PM

I posted a pattern for a Portuguese fisherman's sweater last winter. I will post it again now. It uses a cluster stitch as a background, and I recommend practicing that before starting a sweater. I am almost finished with the one I am working on now - using double-stranded Lion Wool and WoolEase in heather grey and ultramarine variegated yarns - gives a nice "marled" effect! Audrey V

Arielluria 12-02-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Audrey (Post 1179812)
I posted a pattern for a Portuguese fisherman's sweater last winter. I will post it again now. It uses a cluster stitch as a background, and I recommend practicing that before starting a sweater. I am almost finished with the one I am working on now - using double-stranded Lion Wool and WoolEase in heather grey and ultramarine variegated yarns - gives a nice "marled" effect! Audrey V

Sounds great! Please post a link to the Rav page and/or photos here so we can all admire it and bookmark it.
:flirt:

I've never heard of a Portuguese fisherman's sweater. I really want to see it.

Arielluria 12-02-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1179811)
Are you meaning the traditional patterns where the design was on the chest only? Can't you just knit any sweater like that? I found 3 pages of aran men patterns on Ravelry.

No I didn't want to be too specific, I searched for any. Got a lot of aran weight things instead. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

CottageCraftWoollens 11-29-2010 09:12 AM

Fisherman patterns
 
It's an old thread, however, we have Fisherman patterns...

CottageCraftWoollens 11-29-2010 09:12 AM

Fisherman patterns
 
sorry, our site is www.cottagecraftwoollens.com

Arielluria 11-30-2010 12:19 PM

Thanks, beautiful sweaters. They are already knitted or the price is for yarn and pattern?

I like the St. Andrews and Land & Sea.

wellslipmystitches 12-16-2010 01:06 AM

Checkout Paton's yarns on line for a man's cabled crew neck sweater in their Classic Wool. They show it in a deep forest green. I have about 3/4s of it done in a heather grey. Don't know if it will suit you but it's a free pattern and I like it. It's certainly worth a look.
Jean


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 PM.


copyright knittinghelp.com