KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knit-Alongs (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Husband Sweater KAL (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86869)

DeAnzaJig 12-22-2008 09:48 PM

Husband Sweater KAL

Is anyone interested in a husband sweater KAL?

You've picked the husband, so you pick the pattern! :)

After reviewing many patterns with my husband, he's agreed on the Alpine Zip-Neck Pullover, which was free from the Lion Brand website. It's knitted with Wool-Ease (no full wool for him, as it needed to be easy to care for), and goes up to size XL.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...-neck-pullover

Because he's big and tall, I had to re-size the pattern based on a pullover he owns. I purchased my 11 skeins of Lion's Brand (same colors as pattern indicated), knitted up my swatches, and cast on 128 stitches for the back piece.

Please join in if you're interested! :cheering:

Otherwise, feel free to check-in and read about the progress(?) of this sweater. :waving:

suzeeq 12-22-2008 11:47 PM

Nice sweater! I haven't got a husband and don't think my BF would wear one like that. Besides, he'd like his all in wool.... ;)

LilHuskiesFootBallMom 12-23-2008 01:17 AM

I'd love to, HOWEVER.......

I told my dh that I won't knit for him until he quits smoking (too many burn holes in his clothing from him being careless with lit cigarettes)

Debkcs 12-23-2008 04:44 AM

Nice sweater, bet he'll look great in it.

Mine can't wear sweaters at all, always far too warm, but I am starting a pair of socks for him.

DeAnzaJig 12-23-2008 10:01 AM

suzeeq - I had to show my husband many, many different sweater patterns and pictures before we finally narrowed it down to the type of sweater that he would actually wear. There is no way I would ever attempt this without his signing off on the pattern. :lol:

LilHuskiesFootBallMom - That would be deal-breaker for me too. My husband is "tough" on his clothes, so I'm a little worried that he won't treat it with the proper respect! :lol:

Debkcs - I think socks are a great idea! I was concerned that my husband would be too hot and was actually thinking of doing a sweater in cotton.

I've gotten about an inch of ribbing done on the back piece, and hope to get a lot more progress made over the next week, as I'm going to be gone on a driving-intensive vacation. Nothing says driving vacation knitting to me more than endless inches of stockinette stitch!

Jackie Lim 12-24-2008 12:00 AM

hi

Nice pattern, is not easy to knit for a guy cos of his height and it gotta be a big piece. I admired u for that. :yay: i had knitted my DH a long sleeve cotton yarn sweater many years back, and it still fix him ;) ,however is the weight of the sweater that puts him off from wearing :sad:, and bringing it out for holiday.

Good luck with your knitting, :knitting: :knitting:

Marria 12-24-2008 11:46 AM

When were you thinking of starting? I am actually planning to knit the Wash sweater for my hubby, but I have some other UFOs to wrap up first...

If it's after the 1st, I might join you!

LilHuskiesFootBallMom 12-24-2008 12:04 PM

for those of you planning on making it, starting after xmas Joann's is having a sale on wool-ease for 1.99 a skein according to their flyer i got in the mail yesterday

Jaxhil 12-26-2008 09:12 AM

Hi! That's a great looking sweater-I would love to join as well, but I also have a couple things I'd like to finish first~ a Moss Grid Towel for my Dsis and a shawl I've been working on for months for my DMom. Neither should take long if I put my mind to it and just do it.

I was wondering if it has to be this sweater? I bought some yarn already for another pattern (if I could only remember which pattern that was! :teehee:). It's LB CottonEase. My DD has a sweater out of it and it's holding up very nicely so I'm pretty sure it's going to be a good choice (crosses fingers!).

My DH is a big and tall guy too, and I was thinking of socks for *that* reason :p~LOL!!

Quiltlady 12-28-2008 07:57 PM

That is nice

That sweater is very nice. I'd love to knit one for my dh but he doesn't wear sweaters...darn.