KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knit-Alongs (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   New Year's Eve 2009 Chat KAL Tonight!! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87011)

Shandeh 12-27-2008 07:57 AM

New Year's Eve 2009 Chat KAL Tonight!!

Can you believe it's almost 2009?! :thud:

Remember last year, when we did the 2008 New Year KH dishcloth together? We talked in the chat room while we were working on it, then posted photos here in the forum of our completed projects.

(Some of us were too busy chatting to get any knitting done, but it was still lots of fun.) :)

I'm willing to do it again this year if any of you are interested. All we need to do that night is grab our yarn and needles, and talk through midnight about our plans for the new year.

I'm on the east coast of US, so I'll stay up til 3 am to welcome everyone to the knit-along as midnight approaches in their part of the country. (I'm a night owl, so it will be easy for me.)

I'm thinking it would be cool to make a little coaster together. We could keep it by our computers all year long, to remember our New Year's Eve KAL together. :)

Does anyone want to make a chart for us? The coaster would measure about 4 inches square. It should say something like "KH Forum 2009 New Year KAL". Or just "KH Forum 2009". Maybe we could have little knitting needles at the bottom and/or top of the chart.

(And it would be easier to work on while we chat, since it's a quick knit.) :wink:

Anyone want to join us?

lelvsdgs 12-27-2008 07:37 PM

I remember this last year! It was my very first dishcloth! :woohoo:
While I can't desigh anything, I'd love to participate in the knit along/chat! I will keep watching this thread to see what's happening.

Shandeh 12-27-2008 08:08 PM

Thanks for joining! Hey, even if it's just you and me, I'm still in.
:hug:

auburnchick 12-27-2008 08:25 PM

I am willing to join in again too...unless I wind up going out of town (son has been sick, so we may hang at home).

I came across this pattern (it's free) today while reading blogs I'm subscribed to:

I think these are pretty small...and I thought of them when I saw Sandy's post.

Shandeh 12-27-2008 08:28 PM

Nice! :thumbsup:

The only thing missing is KH. Maybe we can add "KH Forum" at the top or bottom (or both) in duplicate stitch. :think:

auburnchick 12-27-2008 09:44 PM

Let's see...

DeAnzaJig designed a washcloth for the Olympic KAL. Maybe she could do one for the New Year's KAL?

Shandeh 12-27-2008 09:50 PM

Thanks auburnchick. :)
Last year, our pattern was designed by Eloewien.

Let's wait one more day, and see if either of them wants to join in on our KAL. :thumbsup:

crazykntter83 12-29-2008 09:24 PM

I'd like to join. Sounds like it'd be fun. :)

labeelady 12-29-2008 09:34 PM

New Year's Eve chat

I'll join in! It's been a while since I found someone using the chat room. Usually have to go there and wait for visitors!

ljfikes 12-30-2008 09:03 AM

sounds fun!

I'll stop in, and hopefully knit a few rounds, wine in hand... I really need a coaster next to my computer... both for the 5am coffee, as well as the 10pm wine! :knitting: