KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knitters Knear You (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Any knitters in Indiana (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87480)

joknit 01-07-2009 07:58 AM

Any knitters in Indiana

:knitting: :knitting: :knitting: :knitting:

yarncharmer 01-07-2009 03:46 PM

Hi Joknit,
I'm in Bloomington. :)

mork75 01-07-2009 05:04 PM

What small town? I'm from Valparaiso, but live in Illinois now. I do from time to time come to visit mom and dad.

Indygirl 01-07-2009 05:11 PM

Hello, I'm in Bloomington also. We now have two nice LYS here :woohoo:

yarncharmer 01-07-2009 06:25 PM

Hi Indygirl! Yes, we do have two nice LYS here! Have you taken classes at either of them? I just learned to knit this fall, at a class through Parks and Rec. It was a great class. I had tried, and failed, to teach myself to knit from books before. I'm trying to teach myself how to knit a sock at the moment, and had heard good things about some of the sock classes at Yarns Unlimited.

It's fun to find someone else in Bloomington :happydance:

Indygirl 01-07-2009 06:49 PM

Hi Yarncharmer, Yes I have taken classes at yarns Unlimited. I made my first pair of socks at that shop :-) I go to both shops often.
I'm not knitting at this time, health reasons. Hopefully I will be going back soon. I have been going to an open knit class on thur.night at 'In A Yarn Basket' They will help you with whatever you are knitting. It's great people and great fun. I have gone to Mon. night open classes at 'Yarns Unlimited' great fun also.
Not sure just when I will be going back, you should give it a try sometime.

yarncharmer 01-07-2009 07:52 PM

They are really nice in In a Yarn Basket - I bought some needles there recently, and the woman said to come in anytime if I had trouble with the sweater I'm working on, even though I didn't get the yarn there. I'm working on the Kyoto Pullover from Knitty; I was getting bored with all that double moss stitch, and thought a sock would be an interesting diversion, but it's just frustrating. I was trying to do the 'class sock' from the sensational socks book. I don't know if it's because the sock is so small, but I feel kind of Edward Scissorhands-y with all those dpns poking everywhere. Maybe I need to try a normal sized sock, or get some circular needles, or something.

I hope your health problems are resolved soon; be sure to let me know if you go to the Monday or Thursday knit night - it would be fun to meet you.

Indygirl 01-07-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarncharmer (Post 1192127)
They are really nice in In a Yarn Basket - I bought some needles there recently, and the woman said to come in anytime if I had trouble with the sweater I'm working on, even though I didn't get the yarn there. I'm working on the Kyoto Pullover from Knitty; I was getting bored with all that double moss stitch, and thought a sock would be an interesting diversion, but it's just frustrating. I was trying to do the 'class sock' from the sensational socks book. I don't know if it's because the sock is so small, but I feel kind of Edward Scissorhands-y with all those dpns poking everywhere. Maybe I need to try a normal sized sock, or get some circular needles, or something.

I hope your health problems are resolved soon; be sure to let me know if you go to the Monday or Thursday knit night - it would be fun to meet you.

Yes it would be fun to meet. I will let you know the next time I go. We have a lot of sock knitter's in the group. I love socks. I have enough sock yarn to last me the rest of my life if I live 50 more years :teehee:
I will P.m. you when I get to go next.
Happy knitting

yarncharmer 01-08-2009 09:09 AM

Well, I'm hoping I can get the sock thing down. I've already got yarn for 6 pairs of socks, and I haven't even made a single sock in my life. What's wrong with me? :aww: Let me know when you plan to go again...

And Joknit, where did you go? Are you anywhere near Bloomington? Hope you find some local knitters....

Loopie 01-21-2009 09:38 PM

Hi. I'm also in Bloomington.

There is supposed to me a sock knitting group meeting at Barnes & Noble once a month. Have you heard anything about that? I have also heard about another knitting group that also meets at Barnes & Noble on a different day. Keep thinking about dropping by during one of their sessions to check them out.

Very happy to have a second yarn store in town. In A Yarn Basket is a great shop. Good selection and nice staff.