KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knit-Alongs (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   SPRING SWAP!!- It's all go! :) (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87722)

tarrentella 01-12-2009 05:50 PM

SPRING SWAP!!- It's all go! :)

Final Postal Date - MARCH 24th - all parcels must be posted by this date.

17.02.09 - Finally despite my sudden disorganization - SWAP PARTENERS HAVE BEEN SENT. everybody whould now have a swap partner. If you have not yet received it, check both your email address and KH messages and your spam folder. IF it is still not there then send me a PM and i wil sort it out.

09.02.09 - Sorry i have been running a little behind schedual .. phew what a weekend I had! Names and questionares are being scrutinised and mulled over ready to go soon. More info on page 2.

02.02.09 - names of those taking part is on page 2. if you have sent a questionare and your name isn't up PM me.

THERE IS STILL TIME TO JOIN! just send me a PM answereing the questions below.

So on the avise of my most trusted knitting advisors (you lot) my first swap will be the SPRING 2009 SWAP.

Here is the plan:
Swapees will fill out a short questionaire (below) giving us details of what spring and knitting meens to you. Registration and forms will be in by the 7th of February!
Names will be swapped and the details given to your partners. I like secret swaps but it is entirely up to you how much you want to reveal to your partner about who ou are or what you are getting them.
Once details are swapped then there will be a month to get packages out and in the mail. That takes us into March, just the right time to start thinking about spring (or autumn) knitting.

This is open to people in all countries but i will try and match people within countries to reduce cost. The focus of the packages should be the yarn but as always if you want to add extras then you are more than welcome!

Questionaire (to be PM'd to me)

1) Knitting Help name
2) Real life name
3) alternative email address
4) do you wish to be contacted via KH or email?
5) Are you southern or northern hemisphere?
6) what colours do you like and associate with the coming season?
7) What does spring (or autumn) mean to you?
8) Is there a particular garment or item that you think is essential for spring/autumn.
9) Any pertinant allergies? (I don't think an allergy to penicillin is necassary but we dont want to give you hives if you can't touch wool!)
10) what is your maximum spend on yarn (5, 10, 15, 20)?
11) Are you prepared to post internationally.
12) What is your postal address?

Have fun!

oneyarn 01-12-2009 06:23 PM

I sent in my questionaire.....looking forward to this swap.

Freyja 01-12-2009 08:53 PM

Questionaire all filled out.....looking forward to my first swap.

tarrentella 01-13-2009 09:26 AM

YAY my first sign ups!

I was silly and forgot to put the important question of What is your postal adress on the questionare. It is now added.

tarrentella 01-18-2009 08:27 AM

bump

hartleystudio 01-18-2009 10:04 AM

Just PM'd ya!

Thanks!

lelvsdgs 01-18-2009 11:39 PM

I pm'd you as well.
Question. Will this just be a yarn swap or just spring stuff in general (yarn included of course :happydance: )? It's gonna be fun!

tarrentella 01-19-2009 07:30 AM

YARN SWAP.:cheering:

The only thing that absolutely has to be in the swap package is yarn. anything else is up to you as swappers!:yay: :thumbsup:

oneyarn 01-19-2009 06:20 PM

Always happy to get more yarn!

lelvsdgs 01-20-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarrentella (Post 1196797)
YARN SWAP.:cheering:

The only thing that absolutely has to be in the swap package is yarn. anything else is up to you as swappers!:yay: :thumbsup:

This is going to be fun!!! A chance to buy more yarn!!!:happydance: :woohoo: