KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FO's: JUDE SWEATER and CELTIC TOTE (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88739)

KnittingNat 02-07-2009 02:10 PM

FO's: JUDE SWEATER and CELTIC TOTE

4 Attachment(s)
Hi there!

I finally finished my Celtic Tote by Jennifer Tallapaneni from IK Winter 2007. It turned out really great, but it was such a PITA - the knitting part is just great, but the embroidery for the cables - never again :shock:! Then, not trusting the magazine's picture, i've decided to add lining. As i mean to use this tote as knitting bag, i decided that i must do one. Well, it's my worst piece of sewing ever (i'm not that good at it any way, but that was a new record). I hand-sewed the damned thing to the tote. I also added a very ugly pocket inside, but nobody can see it and it's great:teehee:. It turned out quite big, because i knitted on bigger needles than required.
Yarn: Knit Picks WOTA in Fern and Evergreen.
Needles: 6.5mm.

Being absolutely exhausted by the finishing stages of the tote, i've decided to take a stashbusting sidetrip to the Bulky Land.
Pattern: Jude by Kim Hargreaves from Rowan's Bigger Picture.
Yarn: Rowan Biggy Print in Chuckle.
Needles: 20mm.

I didn't have enough yarn for a whole sweater, so i did 2/3 sleeves. I started them from the top, reversing the shaping of the sleeve cap.I also changed the turtleneck collar and left it open, like some sort of shawl collar.

Hope you like them.

Slim 02-07-2009 02:25 PM

Wow, I love them both! That tote is very impressive. Lovely work.

Jan in CA 02-07-2009 02:34 PM

Beautiful! I've always admired that tote, but had no idea the dark shadowing was done with embroidery! :zombie: It came out beautiful though!

KnittingNat 02-07-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1204017)
Beautiful! I've always admired that tote, but had no idea the dark shadowing was done with embroidery! :zombie: It came out beautiful though!

Thanks!The shadowing is done with backstitch embroidery and doing it all around the cables is absolutely :hair:!

gargoylelib 02-07-2009 04:05 PM

Your tote came out really nice! I think you did a much better job on the felting than I did with mine! I like the color too ;)

Libbie

KnittingNat 02-07-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gargoylelib (Post 1204048)
Your tote came out really nice! I think you did a much better job on the felting than I did with mine! I like the color too ;)

Libbie

Thank you:teehee: I was absolutely paranoid about the felting:shock:. I started hand felting the tote, then i saw i'm not getting very far, just burning my hands with the hot water, so i threw it in the washer with a pair of jeans and something else and kept sitting in front of the washing machine (i have a front loading one) like a cat (ya know, rolling my head and eyes with the washer:teehee:) for 15 minutes and then decided it's enough. I think it's just what the designer meant - not too felted. But on the other side - i'm sure yours is much sturdier and keeps its shape better.

sue in canada 02-07-2009 04:12 PM

Both look great. Well done.

Marria 02-07-2009 04:18 PM

Absolutely gorgeous work!

Debkcs 02-07-2009 06:01 PM

That is a whole lot of embroidery you did, but it looks really good.

Your sweater is good, but I got a good giggle out of imagining it on me. :teehee:

scout52 02-07-2009 06:36 PM

They look great. I love the tote. It looks great!!