Forum Forum (
-   How-to Questions (
-   -   Turning Ridge (

Happymi 02-08-2009 11:44 AM

Turning Ridge
Can anyone tell me what (turning ridge) means?

I am using a pattern for slippers and the instructions say, K17 P1 (turning ridge? P1 (turning ridge) knit across.:knitting:


suzeeq 02-08-2009 11:58 AM

The p sts will form a ridge when you fold the knitting. It's just letting you know that's what they're for, you don't have to do anything different to them.

Happymi 02-09-2009 10:43 AM

:muah: Thanks So Much. I think I am going to love this place.


of troy 02-09-2009 02:38 PM

there is a second reason.. Stocking knit want to roll forward.. to the smooth side--

if you want it to turn or fold, a row or 2 (or 3 or 4 rows) of reverse stocking knit will make the 'fabric want to fold the other way..

I use this trick on hats.. to get a sharp fold (from body of hat to crown--when i want a flat (beret like) top! but its good lots of places..
(knit (then felted) bowls will have "flatter" bottoms if you make a turning row/ridge!)

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 PM.