KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FO - Calorimetry (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89040)

auburnchick 02-16-2009 08:57 PM

FO - Calorimetry

I wanted something quick to knit before casting on a pair of socks I'm going to knit in a KAL.

I grabbed this yarn (Araucania Nature Wool Chunky Color #135) - a gift from a fellow knitter (I think it was momwolf):

I decided to make Calorimetry, a free pattern from the Winter 2006 issue of Knitty.

What a fast knit! It only took me about three hours. I made myself finish binding off before going to bed at the late hour of 11:30.

I used the double rib invisible bindoff from the Interweave Knits Fall 2008 issue. If you have this issue, it’s worth taking a look at. I just love the finished edge…invisible, as promised.

A couple of notes before you get to see pictures. I only cast on 92 stitches. This pattern is notorious for turning out too big. I also went down to a size 7 needle. It fits using the hole closest to the end. I do have big hair, though. If you make this, you might want to venture nearer to 100 stitches.

The pattern only required 45 grams of yarn, so it’s a great way to use up some of that stash you might have. I still have about half a skein left.

And now, here are some pictures of my project:

The color in the above picture is a little bright.

Thank goodness I save all of the extra buttons that come with my clothes. I scrounged around and came up with one that worked.

The picture above depicts the true color.

Thanks for looking!!

:muah:

Sewing Angel 02-17-2009 02:07 AM

I like the color! You always have such pretty yarn.

Debkcs 02-17-2009 03:28 AM

Quote:

I like the color! You always have such pretty yarn.
Isn't that the truth!

It's very cute, don't you wish you could wear it to work?

Think I'll whip one up for my DGD this weekend. She has a big head for a two year old, 19 inch circumfernce (sp?). Down sizing shouldn't be a problem.

Marria 02-17-2009 05:10 AM

It's really cute and the fit looks perfect. Love the color. :yay:

WandaT 02-17-2009 07:33 AM

It turned out great!!! Beautiful color too!

Slim 02-17-2009 08:16 AM

Very pretty! I love that color. I have a couple of Calorimetry's, and have made them for everyone I know -- a great way to use up leftovers. Yours looks very soft and warm. I'll have to try that bind-off. Thanks.

dustinac 02-17-2009 09:29 AM

:happydance:Great job and great color!!

I use mine in the winter when we walk up to the bus stop...it really does work...I re-sized mine and was thinking it wasn't hard to do but can't remember right off how I did it

twoxover 02-17-2009 09:49 AM

that's really pretty! i love the color!

margz3 02-17-2009 01:01 PM

Looks great Nathalie! I think I will add this to my queue - always love to find something quick to knit!

evona 02-17-2009 01:23 PM

I love this pattern - so easy and just enough change up to make it not boring, I love the color of yours :)