KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FO: 0-405 Drops Shoulder Warmer (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89836)

KnittingNat 03-13-2009 08:49 AM

FO: 0-405 Drops Shoulder Warmer

2 Attachment(s)
A quick project i knitted so I could wear it to a friend's wedding this past Wednesday. It was pretty fast knit and a good stashbuster.

Pattern: 0-405 Drops Shoulder Warmer. I had a few problems with it. First of all, the first row of the charts should've been the last and i received an e-mail from Drops saying they're going to correct the pattern. Another thing I noticed while being through half the knitting - the charts are reversed - chart 1 should be chart 3 and vice versa. In the pattern picture you can see the double cable near the center of the back and on mine it's near the armhole rib band. I generally don't mind, except for the part of the folding behind the arm - the double cable makes it a bit bulky. But i still like it, it looks fashionable and up to date and still classy!
Drops generally have beautiful patterns, but the translation from Norwegian makes them very awkward and they also are relying on the knitter to make all the calculations. For example, instead of saying "k1, (k7, ssk) 3 times, (k7, k2tog)3 times, k1" they'll write "dec 6 sts evenly spaced". In this particular pattern it wasn't difficult, but on the bags and the dresses it's more tricky. Luckily, on the pattern pages on their website there's a little button called "knitting help", containing all the comments people made on the pattern and all the questions they've asked and all the answers from fellow knitters and the design team. So it helps:thumbsup:

Yarn: KP WOTA in worsted weight, color Fairy Tale, 3.5 skeins.
Needles: 5.5mm and 6.0mm.

Hope you like it:hug:

GirlChris 03-13-2009 10:46 AM

very nice, I love the bright color.

mhansen 03-13-2009 11:03 AM

Beautiful!! I like the color.

Jan in CA 03-13-2009 11:04 AM

That's beautiful, Nat! I bet you got a lot of compliments on it!

ritaw 03-13-2009 02:34 PM

Very pretty ! I like the colour and it looks lovely on you Nat:)

MerigoldinWA 03-13-2009 05:12 PM

Wow, looks very nice! It's a wonder you figured it out with all the screw ups on the pattern. It was good of you to report the problems so they can straighten them out.

KnittingNat 03-13-2009 07:43 PM

Thank you, everyone:muah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1213873)
That's beautiful, Nat! I bet you got a lot of compliments on it!

Actually - not. I only got compliments from my family. We didn't know anyone at the wedding, except for the groom himself and there were too many half naked tall and skinny girls (the bride's friends) to notice my hand-knitted shoulder warmer. Oh, well:teehee:

ArtLady1981 03-13-2009 09:38 PM

LOVE IT! :heart::heart::heart:

mks22300 03-13-2009 09:43 PM

Beautiful and that is such a pretty color!

Slim 03-14-2009 02:27 PM

Very cute, and what a great color! Nice work.