KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pattern Central (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Prairie Boots - Have You Made Them? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90047)

MainelyKnitting 03-20-2009 07:21 AM

Prairie Boots - Have You Made Them?

I am looking for knitters who have made these Prairie Boots.

A friend wants me to make her some but when I quickly scanned through the pattern, it said I should be familiar with "using two circular's". I'm not, in fact I've never made anything on circulars, but I am very familiar with dpn's (or straights). Do I have to use two circ's or can I get by with dpn's?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Have a great day!
:sun:

AngieLanigan 03-20-2009 07:57 AM

Those are really popular around here right now... some manufacturer makes them with a rubber sole for outside wear, but they look just the same otherwise.

MainelyKnitting 03-20-2009 08:17 AM

I can see why they're popular, I think they're gorgeous!

Angie, I noticed that you live in N.B. I can see N.B from my little part of northern Maine, lol! Hello, neighbor!
:waving:

suzeeq 03-20-2009 10:17 AM

I think it would depend on what size you're doing. With small ones, you might be able to use dpns, but probably not with the larger ones. You can start them for your friend on dpns and see how it goes.

Cynamar 03-20-2009 01:02 PM

You can get a video from knittingkorner.com or from knitpicks.com that will teach you to knit with two circulars. I love it and it's easy. It's Knitting Korner's Sock 1 with Nenah Galati. Sock 2 shows you how to do two socks at one time with two circulars.

suzeeq 03-20-2009 04:19 PM

The videos on this site show how to knit with 2 circs too, and I believe there's some on Youtube.

Lisa 03-27-2009 06:53 PM

I purchased this pattern also and have not knitted them because of that! They ARE cute and it bothers me that I have not made them yet. I also wanted to use 2 strands of worsted instead of the chunky only because i have it on hand.

lulubell 03-29-2009 10:12 PM

The short ones are FAB-U-LOUS!!!!

sewhappie 10-14-2011 06:28 PM

Prairie Boots.....

I just started to make a pair for my sister for Christmas. I am using a worsted weight doubled (gray) for the soles. :guyknitting: So far so good and I'm an average knitters.:thumbsup:
I have found that YOUTUBE.COM has been my saving grace for figuring something out when I get stuck!!!!!
Just type in "knitting prairie boots" or "knitting whatever else" you need help with and scroll thru the demos until you find one you like the best (i always save them to my favs on the YOUTUBE site).

Becky Morgan 10-15-2011 02:43 PM

If you think about it, circular needles ARE double pointed needles...they just bend in the middle and hold more stitches, so you don't need as many. Think of them that way and there's no problem!