KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Last chance kits at Knitpicks! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90417)

Jan in CA 04-02-2009 01:27 PM

Last chance kits at Knitpicks!

Just in case anyone is interested. :thumbsup:

~ Click the linked ad here in KH and then click on kits and samplers ~

I'm doing it this way rather than a link so KH gets the credit if you buy something.

sheldon 04-02-2009 01:46 PM

Thanks Jan!

We don't actually get credit for orders. But KP does keep track of clicks and orders from their ads on KH. So it makes them happy knowing that their advertising on KH is paying off and happy advertisers are more likely to keep advertising. :mrgreen:

vaknitter 04-02-2009 01:49 PM

So I feel like such an idiot b/c people always post that we should click to KnitPicks via the add on KH, but where is the ad? I've never seen it...please help..

Jan in CA 04-02-2009 02:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by vaknitter (Post 1219447)
So I feel like such an idiot b/c people always post that we should click to KnitPicks via the add on KH, but where is the ad? I've never seen it...please help..

It's at the top of the page. We actually have two advertisers now so if you don't see it on one page you can go to another. OR you can click on the Stash Tab and see the advertisers there. :thumbsup:

sheldon 04-02-2009 02:16 PM

There are also ads for knitpicks on the video pages and on the popup video player. If for some reason you don't see the ads, it's likely you have some sort of ad blocker installed :( Most ad blockers let you exempt certain web sites, so you can always exempt knittinghelp.com and the ads will show. The ads on KH are all knitting friendly ads and we are strict about not allowing annoying moving ads which would distract our visitors.

Thanks,

Sheldon

vaknitter 04-02-2009 02:32 PM

ahhh - see on my computer that box is empty - just a white box. Always wondered why that was there.

Simply_Renee 04-02-2009 11:24 PM

Good to know. Every time I order from there I go here first and click over. The first time I ever heard of KnitPicks was here!

lelvsdgs 04-02-2009 11:48 PM

I just received one of their Sock Cocktail kits today and wow, was it totally worth the money! The yarn is all yummy and great colors and a little booklet with options for several different socks. I am so pleased with this purchase! I also picked up a couple of circs to make the $50 minimum.

Simply_Renee 04-03-2009 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lelvsdgs (Post 1219583)
I just received one of their Sock Cocktail kits today and wow, was it totally worth the money! The yarn is all yummy and great colors and a little booklet with options for several different socks. I am so pleased with this purchase! I also picked up a couple of circs to make the $50 minimum.

Which one did you get? I have the Grasshopper one on the way to me right now. I have ordered from them before but never tried the sock yarn. My regular needles are the Harmony set- but I ordered some of the nickel plated tips to try.

Lady Violet 04-03-2009 12:58 AM

I think I remember reading somewhere that those bag kits include enough yarn for two bags (the two pictured for each color set). Am I remembering right, or am I just crazy (again)?