KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What do you do? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90527)

OffJumpsJack 04-06-2009 04:45 PM

What do you do?

Lately I haven't felt like knitting (or crocheting either). :sad: Maybe it is because my projects were related to winter. Maybe it was because I had other cares the were more important. :eyebrow2: I'm not sure why, but I haven't wanted to work on any of my projects.

What do you do when you've lost the desire to knit? :think:

:roll: Truth is, I can't think of any project for summer.

mwhite 04-06-2009 04:52 PM

I garden, just as obsessed with it as I am knitting. During the growing season, when it rains or the weather is bad, knitting kicks back in.

Jan in CA 04-06-2009 04:59 PM

I just do something else for awhile. I make sure to visit here though anyway because it can kickstart you back up again. :thumbsup:

laikabear 04-06-2009 05:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm kind of a serial hobbyist and it's weird knitting has stuck so well. A couple of months after I learned, I started to get restless and so I learned another craft - temari. It's basically embroidery on the surface of a ball wrapped in thread.

After a while, I missed knitting and picked it back up. I've tried to branch out a bit in my projects and learn new techniques to avoid the doldrums. I'd say, do something else and don't worry about it. The urge to knit will most likely be back! :mrgreen:

Mike 04-06-2009 05:50 PM

Socks for winter. Sweaters for cooler times. Granny squares to put together in cooler times.

mwhite 04-06-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laikabear (Post 1220508)
I'm kind of a serial hobbyist and it's weird knitting has stuck so well. A couple of months after I learned, I started to get restless and so I learned another craft - temari. It's basically embroidery on the surface of a ball wrapped in thread.

These are absolutely gorgeous!

rachael72knitter 04-06-2009 06:32 PM

If I am doing something summer related, chances are they are the Summerlin pattern sundress for my friends with little girls, and halter tops and camis for me. or lacy shawls. The patterns are there, maybe knitting something more summery will get you out of the slump?

KathleenG 04-06-2009 06:38 PM

I do heirloom sewing, hand embroidery or my other great passion: read!

Jan in CA 04-06-2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwhite (Post 1220519)
These are absolutely gorgeous!

Oh I agree! Beautiful work. Never heard of Temari before.

Crycket 04-06-2009 07:06 PM

I play World of Warcraft...or the Sims 2, or SimCity...or some other variety of computer game...

I also usually get interested in something I haven't tried for a while...cross stitch, beading, friendship bracelets...etc...

Usually, what I need most when I have lost my knitting bug, is to find something inspiring to make...Harry Potter inspiration took my a long way!