Forum Forum (
-   General Knitting (
-   -   ball winder (

mathwizard 04-15-2009 02:59 PM

ball winder
I need opinions. I have the part the hanks of yarn go over as I discovered my mother had it and all I need is a screw and piece of wood to attach it to. What I need to know is what is a good ball winder? I am tired of trying to find the centers. Some manufacturers give you that but I prefer center pull to outside unwind. Looking for recommendations.

G J 04-15-2009 03:13 PM

I have the Royal ball winder (JoAnn Fabrics carries them), but KnitPicks has a new one that looks the same but also has the option of holding it in your hand.

swcheng15 04-15-2009 03:31 PM

I also have the Royal Ball winder. It's relatively inexpensive and I use it for most of the skeins I have that are not already center pulled.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 PM.