KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Silly, silly for those with pets (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91129)

Luvmyrottnboy 04-30-2009 08:18 AM

Silly, silly for those with pets

Do you sing to your pets?:)

I have a few for Cyrus: "oh-oh-oh Cyrus! You are my virus!" This is obviously made up by me!

"Together" wherever we go, whatever we do, etc.

For Cyrus and James the cat: "I love you a bushel and a peck" and "you are so beautiful"

Let's hear everyone's goofy pet songs:cheering:

JessicaR 04-30-2009 08:33 AM

Yes, my husband and I do all the time! I'm trying to think of the tune I use, I think it's the Mexican hat dance... "My name is (dog's name), and I'm a doggie, lala lala lala la, and I do doggie things, in doggie ways, lala lala lala lala..."

Yes, I'm a dork! And I sing Danny Boy to my John Boy, changing the name of course :)

Simply_Renee 04-30-2009 08:39 AM

I am always singing something to somebody (much to their chagrin, at least my dog & cat don't complain about it)

I just had to tell you your post made me laugh!

HollyP 04-30-2009 09:17 AM

I love this thread! I sing Danny boy substituting Benny for my dog Bentley. I also sing the Oscar Meyer song which always cracks me up since Bentley my last name has way too many letters.
My puppy has a first name its Bentley my puppy has a second name its P****** oh I love to hug(or kiss depends on the day) him every day and if you ask me why I'll saaaay cause Bentley P****** has way of making me smile today.
another Oscar Meyer version he hears quite frequently is Oh, I'd love to be an Bentley my last name .That is what I'd truly like to be.'Cause if I were an Bentley my last name,Everyone would be in love with me.
I have quite a few others!:oops: I also sing to my cats but they look at me like I am crazy. Where as Bentley sits and wags his tail. I'd much rather sing to a receptive audience.

Luvmyrottnboy 04-30-2009 09:53 AM

Now I'm craving a hot dog!:)

JessicaR 04-30-2009 10:07 AM

Our 3rd dog used to belong to my friend until he got to be too much for her. She used to feed him hot dogs all the time. So now when we have them, or anything resembling a hot dog he goes crazy. I was eating a fudgesicle once and I had to lock myself in another room!

Jan in CA 04-30-2009 11:05 AM

:lol: Oh yeah, we sing crazy songs to our pets and like many of you they include part of their names. I don't even know the entire tune or real words most of the time, but the pets don't care. :roflhard:

Can't remember the songs right now, but when I do I'll post them.

bailsmom 04-30-2009 11:17 AM

:rofl: It's so comforting to know I'm in good company. :teehee: I sing any song to my Bailey and she gets so excited and wants to play when I sing to her. She's fantastic. :heart:

Arielluria 04-30-2009 11:31 AM

Well, I'm the least musical person in the world, I do make cute rhymes sometimes, usually to rhyme with their names. In order of age we have:

PEPPER Pot
CRICKET Pie (what goes with Cricket?!?) :teehee:
RIPLEY Bear
PEANUT Butter
CANDY Cane

Jan in CA 04-30-2009 03:46 PM

A few minutes ago I was making lunch and my dog was nearby so what did I do? I started singing "Foofie, Foofie cocoa puffs, Foofie Foofie boo."- sung to the old Shimmy, Shimmy Ko-Ko Bop" Then I remembered this thread. :roflhard:

Click the link and scroll down to hear it. It came out when I was 10 maybe.. I think. :teehee: