KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FO - Prayer for Comfort Shawl (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91271)

auburnchick 05-07-2009 07:46 PM

FO - Prayer for Comfort Shawl

Hi all!

Ok...so this is another crochet project. Hope you'll forgive me for posting it here.

I've ventured into this other fiber hobby as a way to crank out prayer shawls faster. My church just started a new ministry, and I've heard that crocheting is quicker (although it does use more yarn). So, I had a bit of help from a couple of gals on Ravelry and YouTube'd the rest.

Here's the pattern booklet that I bought at Joann's:

I had fallen in love with this project (the picture from the book...Amazon's website):

And here's my finished project...

I started on 4/27 and finished today (5/7).

I used a little under four skeins of Bernat Satin (the colorway is Sable).

The yarn is soft and very warm. It was a little bit thready...which was not super easy for a novice crocheter like myself, but I didn't find myself doing battle, if you know what I mean.

All in all, a pretty easy project except for the edging, which I attribute to my lack of practice and not the pattern.

Thanks for looking and bearing with my non-knitting project on this board. :wink:

mks22300 05-07-2009 08:36 PM

Very nice!

GirlChris 05-07-2009 10:31 PM

Gorgeous! (your hair looks great too LOL)
Sounds like you finished that so quickly!

auburnchick 05-07-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlChris (Post 1228426)
Gorgeous! (your hair looks great too LOL)
Sounds like you finished that so quickly!

Surprisingly, the project did go quickly! I really wanted to kick it out fast.

Thanks for the compliments on my hair. For years, I fought the curl. Don't know why. Now I wash and go. No extra product. Just me and the South's humidity. :thumbsup:

kbagel 05-08-2009 12:06 AM

So pretty! I wish I could crochet!

wezyus 05-08-2009 01:02 AM

Lovely shawl, wel done ...thnks

margz3 05-08-2009 08:56 AM

That is really pretty Nathalie! I love the collar look - makes it more unique!

You did a great job - I have SUCH an issue with crochet unless it is a very small (and very basic) project. I HATE HATE HATE counting, especially when there are alot of stitches....and as such, I tend to either add or lose sts in the rows. I tried to make a baby blanket a few years ago with a speed hook and 3 strands of yarn held together. The project went really fast, BUT the blanket ended up shaped like an hourglass! Oh well, my girl cat likes it.......... :teehee:

Jan in CA 05-08-2009 12:32 PM

It's beautiful!

BTW.. your hair is gorgeous! Love those curls!

KnittingNat 05-08-2009 05:28 PM

Looking good!!! Have fun with the new addiction:teehee:

auburnchick 05-08-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1228519)
BTW.. your hair is gorgeous! Love those curls!

Thanks, Jan! It's natural...wash and go. I quit fighting the curl years ago...figured if I was gonna live in the South all of my life, might as well embrace them.