KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knit-Alongs (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Woodland Shawl KAL- Starts July 6! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92220)

Lieuvena 06-17-2009 08:40 PM

Woodland Shawl KAL- Starts July 6!

I'm going to be knitting this shawl: Woodland Shawl in a couple of weeks (when the yarn I ordered comes in). Is anyone interested in knitting along with me?

I think this is a great shawl for beginning lace knitters. The pattern seems fairly simple and it only takes 460 yds. If you knit it in Knit Picks Palette then it's very cheap too...bonus :happydance: !!! The yarn runs from $1.59-$2.19, so $4.77-$6.57 to knit this shawl. Each ball is 231 yds., so I figured 3 to be safe.

I'm going to knit mine in Autumn Heather.

Here are some links if you're interested in checking it out:

Ravelry page, 966 projects

Pattern page

Chart

Is anyone interested in learning lace with me!?!:)

sakura-panda 06-18-2009 11:52 AM

I followed the Ravelry link and found it is already saved to my favorites. :) This is something I'd like to do, but I can't commit to joining right now.

I'll probably follow along to get some guidance for when I knit it later! :thumbsup:

jberry16 06-24-2009 11:37 AM

I'd do itwith you but I made one earlier this year; great pattern & I can't wait to see yours!

Lieuvena 06-24-2009 11:42 AM

My yarn came in sooner than I expected so I'm hoping to start this pretty soon. I'm going to try to finish the socks I'm working on first.

maniago 06-24-2009 04:22 PM

How does the yarn feel? The pattern is Lovely

Lieuvena 06-24-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maniago (Post 1237646)
How does the yarn feel? The pattern is Lovely

I think it feels fine. Not the softest I've ever felt, but I wouldn't call it rough either, somewhere in the middle I guess. I ordered it in two colors and they are both beautiful, so I hope it knits up nicely.

I have not knit a swatch with it yet to see how it feels while knitting, but I think I will like it just fine. My only concern right now is if it will be splitty, as it looks like two strands twisted together rather loosely.

yarncharmer 06-25-2009 09:33 AM

Hi Lieuvena! Let me know when you're ready to start and I will try to do this with you! I made a couple of lace bookmarks in May, and I loved doing lace! I've never tried anything big but this shawl is so pretty. I'm not sure what yarn I'll use yet. I may check my LYS tonight... Any idea how long it might take?

Lieuvena 06-25-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarncharmer (Post 1237807)
Hi Lieuvena! Let me know when you're ready to start and I will try to do this with you! I made a couple of lace bookmarks in May, and I loved doing lace! I've never tried anything big but this shawl is so pretty. I'm not sure what yarn I'll use yet. I may check my LYS tonight... Any idea how long it might take?

:yay: I think I'm going to try to start it next week. If you want to just set a date we can. I have no idea how long it will take, I will look around on Ravelry and try to get an idea. I'm not a super fast knitter though, so it may take me a while.

I've never done anything this big either, but I think it looks like a rather simple pattern. I've only knit a lace headband and a small doily, so this is an adventure for me!

Thanks again for joining along!

lulubell 06-25-2009 07:46 PM

I would like to do it too. But I do have to finish a lovely pair of socks for Vintage Purls sock club, a baby blanket for my neighbours daughter, a sleeveless vest for me, make and decorate a 21st birthday cake for the same daughter, nuno felt the back of a vest we are doing at Spinning and Weaving group and make it etc.

But I have printed it off, and have been looking at yarn, but, what the heck, it does look so nice!

Lieuvena 06-25-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lulubell (Post 1237928)
I would like to do it too. But I do have to finish a lovely pair of socks for Vintage Purls sock club, a baby blanket for my neighbours daughter, a sleeveless vest for me, make and decorate a 21st birthday cake for the same daughter, nuno felt the back of a vest we are doing at Spinning and Weaving group and make it etc.

But I have printed it off, and have been looking at yarn, but, what the heck, it does look so nice!

:passedout: Wow, you're busy!