KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Just Checking In (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94044)

Knitting_Guy 09-12-2009 10:30 PM

Just Checking In

Just outside of Nashville tonight and just checking in. Still hanging out, still knitting, and still just being me as best I can.

While my laundry was doing it's thing in the machines today I wandered into a used book store next to the laundrymat and picked up a copy of The New Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes. I've always enjoyed the Sherlock Holmes books and am looking forward to re-reading this one.

Picked up a new hat (like I needed yet another one as I already have a couple dozen or so) the other day, which is depicted in my new avatar pic. It kinda goes with the new (old) look I've adopted. It's the way I used to dress all the time years ago and I've gone back to it. No real reason except that I enjoy looking nice ( as best as an ugly old trucker can) and also get a kick outta breaking the stereotypes and messing with people's heads when I can :rofl:

I've been hoping to run across a brown derby hat of good quality but so far I've had no luck. It's my favorite hat style of them all.

Ok, enough nonsense, basically just letting everyone know I'm still alive and causing trouble where I can. :)

Plantgoddess+ 09-12-2009 10:43 PM

Great to hear you're alive and kicking. Great hat!
I just downloaded some Sherlock Holmes on to my MP3 player to listen to while I work outdoors. I just finished 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Around the World in Eighty Days. I just started listening to Death by Black Hole and Other Cosmic Quandries by Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
Our local library has a good selection of books available for download.

Jan in CA 09-12-2009 10:48 PM

Well hi!! You look great in your picture. My DH doesn't own a hat like that, but he likes them.

So what are you knitting? Any new bar/restaurant knitting stories?

bambi 09-12-2009 11:10 PM

Hey there, Mason!

Nice to see you in the new hat. Looks good on you! Love a good used book store. I was in Crystal Lake, IL outside Chicago this summer, where I used to live 20 yrs ago, and was heartened to see that their used book shop is thriving.

Glad you are still out there and causing trouble when you can. :woohoo: Whatcha knitting?

Knitting_Guy 09-13-2009 08:30 AM

Thanks folks.

As my Options are out of commission at the moment, at least the long cables are gone, I'm just working on a flat knit moss stitch scarf to occupy my time until I can secure either a new set of circs or new long cables.

Jeremy 09-13-2009 12:16 PM

Hey Mason. Good looking picture. Glad to see you around. Here is a reasonably priced brown derby. Hats in the Belfry is a reputable place with decent stuff. I've bought hats from them before.

http://www.hatsinthebelfry.com/produ...many-hitb.html

busyknitmom 09-13-2009 12:31 PM

Nice to hear from you Mason. My husband is also a hat person, loves different hats. I recently discovered a series by Steve Hockensmith, the first book is called Holmes on the Range. It is NOT Sherlock and Watson in the visiting the west, it is 2 brothers circa 1890s who love the Sherlock stories and start using Sherlock methods to solve mysteries in the Old West. I can't explain it well, but I do recommend the books.

Arielluria 09-13-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knitting_Guy (Post 1251344)
Jget a kick outta breaking the stereotypes and messing with people's heads when I can :rofl:

I like the way you think:lol:. Nice to hear from you.

Doublereeder2 09-13-2009 02:41 PM

Glad to hear all is well.

My husband loves Sherlock Holmes too. We used to watch the series on PBS as well as read the stories. Great hat - you look marvelous.

And aren't sterotypes meant to be broken? I love your spirit. :note:
Safe travels-

Dimpledapple 09-13-2009 04:28 PM

Good to know you're doing well and still causing trouble ;) The hat looks great, by the way!