KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   We had to euthanize our Sadie yesterday (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94601)

Sknitter56 10-10-2009 07:54 PM

We had to euthanize our Sadie yesterday

Our Golden Retriever, Sadie, had to be put to sleep yesterday after we found out what was first thought to be a snake bite turned out to be a very aggressive form of cancer. I can't remember the name, something really long, but she got real sick, real fast. She was only 6, would have been 7 in January. The vet did an aspiration on Monday and she called Friday to let me know what it was. My husband stayed with her, but I said my goodbyes here at home. I didn't think I could handle putting my dog to sleep again. I did stay with my other Golden, Scarlett, when she was euthanized, but she was 13 and had had a stroke. That was something I always said I would do with her, but it is so traumatic...at least for me it was.
We do have our other dog, Coco, who's a real doofus and she's been a lot of help. She's also part Golden, part Chow, part Black lab that we got from the Humane Society. She's missing her bud, but I think we're going to keep just one dog for now, at least until I retire and can stay home with a new puppy. Sadie was a good girl and soon I'll have another urn on my mantle to keep Scarlett company.

Abbily 10-10-2009 08:47 PM

I'm sorry! Losing a pet is hard, they're a member of the family!

mks22300 10-10-2009 08:56 PM

I totally understand what you're going through, having recently lost three pets over the course of several months. :hug:

sabrinasmom 10-10-2009 09:05 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss. :hug: Been there. They are a member of the family and we miss them when they are gone.

cacunn 10-10-2009 09:20 PM

My prayers are with your family.

Jan in CA 10-10-2009 09:28 PM

I'm so sorry. :( I couldn't stay with my Sierra kitty a few years ago either although I've stayed with some of the other pets. My kitty, Marshmallow, is over 18 and that is always at the back of mind. My thoughts are with you. :hug:

Knitting_Guy 10-10-2009 09:33 PM

Very sad, I am sorry for your loss.

flea 10-11-2009 04:05 AM

It's always heartbreaking to have to put a beloved pet to sleep. As the human caretakers of our furry loved ones it's part of our responsibility to them to ease their way in this world. That includes their path out of it.

That being said, I'm sending mental hugs your way.

catht 10-11-2009 07:41 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my 12 year old dog last year to liver failure and know how much it hurts to say goodbye. Rest in Peace Sadie

Sknitter56 10-11-2009 08:41 AM

Thank you all for the kind words.
Ironically, Marley and Me was on HBO last night and, even though I knew about the ending, my husband and I watched it and we both were bawling like a couple of babies at the end. Today is better than yesterday, and I'm sure tomorrow will be a little better than today. Coco, the doofus, still needs us and is still a doofus, so that helps us tremendously. You all are so kind and great virtual friends.:grphug: