KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Viewing photos on the forum... (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95161)

cheley 11-01-2009 01:22 PM

Viewing photos on the forum...

Hi all, is it me/my computer or what...When I look at the pics (on any topic here on the forum) if I don't "log in" with my name I actually "see" the pictures..When I "log on" I see the links...Is it me????

Jan in CA 11-01-2009 01:28 PM

I've never had that problem. :??

I do see links in your posts with photos because you don't use the insert photo icon sometimes though. :shrug:

cheley 11-01-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1259307)
I've never had that problem. :??

I do see links in your posts with photos because you don't use the insert photo icon sometimes though. :shrug:

O.K here's what happened, I looked at How to regarding a sock problem....I did not LOG IN as Cheley, I looked at the topic and viewed the complete picture (s) I then LOGGED IN as Cheley to answer the question, as I am LOGGED IN I only see the links, I need to "click" on them to view the photo.....:??

Jan in CA 11-01-2009 01:34 PM

Yeah, I'm stumped. Not sure why that is happening. :think:

WildMountainHoney 11-01-2009 10:15 PM

At the top of this forum, there is a little person, and it says "User Settings" - click on that.

Now, scroll down to "Edit Options" and click on that.

Scroll down a bit more until you find a box with this text:

Quote:

Visible Post Elements
You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
There is a check box to veiw images that are embedded w/the [img] code, you need be sure that box is checked.

Should be good after that!

Jan in CA 11-02-2009 02:20 AM

I did not know that! :thumbsup:

cheley 11-02-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheley (Post 1259309)
O.K here's what happened, I looked at How to regarding a sock problem....I did not LOG IN as Cheley, I looked at the topic and viewed the complete picture (s) I then LOGGED IN as Cheley to answer the question, as I am LOGGED IN I only see the links, I need to "click" on them to view the photo.....:??

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildMountainHoney (Post 1259402)
At the top of this forum, there is a little person, and it says "User Settings" - click on that.

There is a check box to veiw images that are embedded w/the [img] code, you need be sure that box is checked.

:woohoo: Yep, that worked...Thanks sooo much!!!!

WildMountainHoney 11-02-2009 09:30 AM

Happy to help! :mrgreen:

OffJumpsJack 11-05-2009 03:48 PM

Teaching 'ole' Knitters New Tricks...

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildMountainHoney (Post 1259402)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1259415)
I did not know that! :thumbsup:

Just teasing Jan in CA

..again. :roflhard: