Forum Forum (
-   How-to Questions (
-   -   "turning ridge or roll" help (

elderlc 11-22-2009 02:12 PM

"turning ridge or roll" help
I am just learning how to knit. I am trying to knit Christmas stockings and have only got as far as the cuff. It says to "k across for turning ridge or roll." I have done this and now I just have one knitted row in with the purled side, and vice/versa. Is this what it is supposed to look like?


Jan in CA 11-22-2009 02:21 PM

Do you have a link to the pattern? It would help since there are many different patterns for Christmas socks and they all look different.

suzeeq 11-22-2009 02:39 PM


Is this what it is supposed to look like?
It probably is. Usually you'll get a purl ridge on the knit side and that's where you turn the edge over for a hem.

elderlc 11-22-2009 03:25 PM

I don't have al link, sorry. I got the pattern out of a book. It's called "Nicky's Knitted Christmas Stockings." I know it's kind of difficult to picture it, but it's just called a basic stocking. I think it is where the cuff is supposed to turn, but I'm new at this so I just wanted to be sure I was on the right track.

suzeeq 11-22-2009 04:29 PM

Yes, it'll be the 'turning ridge' for the cuff.

MerigoldinWA 11-22-2009 05:40 PM

Sue is right.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:02 AM.