KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Seeking test knitters for "Basic Mittens" pattern. (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96372)

amy 12-19-2009 05:59 PM

Seeking test knitters for "Basic Mittens" pattern.

Hi folks! :muah: I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season.

I'm working on a "basic mittens" pattern, which will soon be for sale here on kh, with an accompanying video. It's nearing completion, and I'm looking for a test knitter for every size!

If interested, please post which size you can knit (and have the wearer try on, a single mitten is fine), within a reasonable time frame (say, a week or two?). Quality project photos might make it into the pattern.

Here are the sizes in the pattern!:
12m baby- yardsofyarn
2-4 years -- ratty1973
4-6 years -- Lizziek8
6-8 years -- lissplus2
8 years - Woman's S --sgtpam & hcarroll36
Woman's M/Man's S -- bottomdusters
(Woman's L/Man's S -- sharonp13 )
Woman's L/Man's M - smb611
Man's L - jagadeeshdev
Man's XL - Debbie
Man's XXL - Shandeh

GinnyG our "pinch knitter", thanks Ginny.

Jan in CA 12-19-2009 06:00 PM

Can you tell us what weight yarn is suggested so we can see if we have it in our stash?

suzeeq 12-19-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

"Jr. XL"/Woman's Small (Q for anyone: does the "Jr. XL" sound right there?"
I think I'd call it " 'Tween/Teen/W Small" or "10 yrs to Sml Adult".

amy 12-19-2009 08:14 PM

Thanks Sue.

Yes Jan, adult sizes are worsted weight (women's small and up). Kid's sizes are sports weight.

bottomdusters 12-19-2009 09:18 PM

I could do Women's Medium if no one else takes the spot.

sharonp13 12-19-2009 09:36 PM

I'd be willing to test knit Woman's L/Man's S. My Ravelry ID is SharonP13 too if you would like to see some of my work.

:knitting:

Shandeh 12-19-2009 10:29 PM

I am willing to do the Man's XL. My hubby is "bouncer" size, so these will probably fit him. :teehee:

jagadeeshdev 12-19-2009 10:39 PM

I will test knit for you!

I'd love to do the man's Large! I'm also a pro photographer so I could send photos of the project as it is knitted. Also could have them done in a couple of days, as I am unemployed. I am AmmasBoy on Rav if you want to see a few projects.

eta: the photos on rav are just quick snapshots - no pro stuff - you'd get the good lighting and pro shots!

smb611 12-19-2009 10:46 PM

Men's Medium please

I'd love to try the men's medium. This is an easy pattern right, I'm still a bit of a beginner, but am always to try anything once, twice if it's fun!!! That's my philosophy!

Thanks!:cheering:

amy 12-19-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smb611 (Post 1266812)
I'd love to try the men's medium. This is an easy pattern right, I'm still a bit of a beginner, but am always to try anything once, twice if it's fun!!! That's my philosophy!

Thanks!:cheering:

Smb... It would actually be great to have at least one knitter that's new to mittens. You can watch the accompanying video (also still being edited, but I'll post a version for y'all), which is a bit long for someone who already knows mittens, but should be enjoyable for you. It goes through the whole mitten from start to finish! (essential parts, anyway.) I demo in the baby size, but it's the same pattern just with different stitch numbers.

jagadeeshdev, thanks for the photo offer, that's excellent. I've got a companion video, so I don't plan to include much for progress shots, but would love a nice final shot.