KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Knitting as the new diet (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97104)

Irishmam 01-19-2010 05:52 PM

Knitting as the new diet

I have just discovered that I lost weight over this Christmas. Believe me, this is a first. I genuinely think some of it is down to knitting because I no longer pick at food all evening as I am too absorbed in my knitting.

I think I should write a new knitting diet book and storm the world!

irishmam

frockmama 01-19-2010 06:20 PM

I know what you mean. When I'm struggling with wanting to snack, knitting really helps me keep my mind and my hands busy enough that I can resist the urge...well, sometimes. :)

MerigoldinWA 01-19-2010 06:59 PM

Good idea. You could have a chapter on extreme weight loss that emphasizes knitting while walking or jogging. :lol:

suzeeq 01-19-2010 08:45 PM

Maybe, but there's knitting while watching tv and having a glass of wine and some dark chocolate.... Though I just nibble on the chocolate.

AngelaR 01-20-2010 05:42 AM

I tend to "put off" eating while I knit because my hands are busy. I don't think I gained any weight this past holiday season, which is a first.

Remember, we don't forget to eat, we just keep telling ourselves "I'll take a bite after I finish this row".

chj 01-20-2010 09:35 AM

Hee hee - yes, this works! When you're knitting, you can't get stuff on your hands (no greasy chips - that's a weakness of mine). So even if you are nibbling, you can't eat as fast...

trvvn5 01-20-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelaR (Post 1272649)
I tend to "put off" eating while I knit because my hands are busy. I don't think I gained any weight this past holiday season, which is a first.

Remember, we don't forget to eat, we just keep telling ourselves "I'll take a bite after I finish this row".

This is so totally me. I don't forget to eat. I just keep putting it off till I'm "finished."

globaltraveler 01-20-2010 11:16 AM

No fair, you got to my idea ahead of me! ;)

Mind you, I haven't gotten as far as you yet, I don't think I've actually lost any weight! :D

SweaterMonkey3 01-20-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelaR (Post 1272649)

Yes, that is me as well. However, once I finish a row, I immediately switch my needles and continue on...

JasminJaquine 01-20-2010 11:44 AM

I totally agree! I didn't gain weight over this holiday season either (though I also didn't bake cookies...cause I was knitting!)

But I've noticed I eat less cause I do the "I'll take a bite after I finish this row" bit. If only there was a knitting exercise on WiiFit, I'd be all set!