KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   World Wide Knit in Public Day (WWKIPD). Anyone heard of this??? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98610)

knitcindy 03-31-2010 12:11 PM

World Wide Knit in Public Day (WWKIPD). Anyone heard of this???

Someone gave me a Knitters Page-a-Day calendar from the Yarn Harlot. On June 12, she mentions the World Wide Knitting in Public Day and it sounds like fun!!!

Has anyone else heard of this?? Will you be participating? Go to www.wwkipday.com to find out more. Unfortunately, there aren't any events locally for me to participate in.

What do you all think???
knitcindy

Jan in CA 03-31-2010 12:29 PM

Sure, it happens every year. ;)

I knit in public all the time..mostly at the LYS. ;)

sakura-panda 03-31-2010 01:29 PM

My LYS sponsors a weekend long event (or, they did last year) but I don't think they were listed on the official site. If you have an LYS, you might want to talk to them specifically to see if they have something going on.

etoilechaude 03-31-2010 01:45 PM

The group my friends and I started (Get Lit and Knit) is planning on celebrating this all week long :)

We had 25 people show up to our last gathering (which was only our 2nd) so we should be rockin' by the time KIP day comes!!!

luvmykid28 03-31-2010 02:51 PM

I participated last year in Fort Worth, TX. We knit at the Kimball Art Museum. It was HOT, but fun. I met some new people and even learned how to magic loop properly. I am going to do it again this year. But I don't want to be outside.

Tatra 03-31-2010 02:54 PM

I like knitting in public, I get all kinds of comments about it and people always ask what I'm making. :mrgreen: It's always so much fun. Plus, it's something fun to do while spending my breaks.

shifio 03-31-2010 06:01 PM

i quite fancy doing that at our shopping center one day, see what kind of reaction i would get

cacunn 04-01-2010 08:26 AM

I have participated in the past with a slight variation, I do a "knit in public kilted Day",

sendacable 06-10-2010 10:25 AM

Hello knitcindy,

I read about this earlier this week while browsing lace wrap patterns for a bridal shower gift. I've been experimenting with different stitch combos and it is a happy coincidence that I have three new scarves because....

The National Post did an article about 3 Toronto groups who are joining together to attempt a World Record and they are hoping for 1000+ participants. I started knitting last fall and am looking forward to the opportunity to meet other knitters.

I was especially interested in joining the fun when I read that they will be acceptions donations for a charity that provides woolies for homeless. Nice to know that the "new" scarves will be well-used.

Jan in CA 06-10-2010 10:55 AM

Yep, it's every year. I knit in public regularly so I don't plan to do anything special.