KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Christmas Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99131)

NorthernIrelandKnitter 05-10-2010 06:55 AM

Christmas Knitting

Has anyone started knitting for Christmas? As I am a slow knitter and have several people I'd like to knit for, I thought it would be a good idea to get started and have a golf club cover on the go. I'm knitting it tubular style on 2 needles and so far it is working out fine.

Gillian

WandaT 05-10-2010 08:32 AM

I've thought about it but haven't actually started. I'm planning to make sock monkeys for all the kids on my list and want to start that early but haven't planned out Christmas knitting yet.

NorthernIrelandKnitter 06-13-2010 05:50 AM

Sock monkeys sound like fun. I finished my golf club cover, but it hasn't turned out very well - you can see the 'join'. I don't know whether to rip it out and start again or leave it and hope the intended recipient is thrilled enough to be getting a knitted gift from me to overlook the flaws lol.

Gillian

CountryNaturals 06-13-2010 09:57 AM

Yup. I have an afghan and 2 fashion scarves on the needles, with yarn ready for a 3rd scarf as soon as I finish one. :knitting:

Jan in CA 06-13-2010 12:57 PM

Since this was more of a question than a wip I moved it here to the General Forum. More people will see it and respond so you'll get lots of ideas. ;)

That said.. no, I haven't really thought much about it yet. I may make my daughters some more fingerless mitts, but I actually don't do much knitting for anyone in my family. Way too picky.

Mirl56 06-14-2010 01:16 PM

My SIL prefers not to get a present, so this year she's getting a bunch of hats for a baby charity. I'll likely slip in one adult hat for her, too. I've already started the baby hats - they are my 'in the car travel & waiting for DS' projects. I've already got about 6 done.

ChristiBerrymomma 06-14-2010 04:33 PM

I'm casting on a Christmas Socking today. I'm loving A Baker's Dozen; Christmas Stockings patterns by Katie Nagorney and Ann Swanson.

I'm trading 4 of these for music lessons for my girls so they are for a friend's children. Does that count for a Christmas project? Just someone else' Christmas. LOL.

Jeremy 06-14-2010 05:21 PM

I sort of have. There are a number of people who have really appreciated a knitted gift in the past and I'm keeping them in mind. I'm thinking mittens and fingerless hand warmers. There also may be people who are "sockworthy".:)

AngelaR 06-15-2010 06:19 AM

I will most likely start after this summer tank top I'm doing right now. Then start a sweater for the husband, then more caps, mittens, gloves and scarves. I always keep those in a box in the room. What I don't give out to the kids friends go to the local shelter.

cincyknitter523 06-15-2010 07:10 AM

Can you all help me?

Good Morning. I am new to this website. I love knitting. I have no idea how to post a thread or anything. Can anyone give me a crash course?
Thank you so much.

cincyknitter523