KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Knit-Alongs (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Any Sock KAL 3 (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99241)

Jan in CA 05-19-2010 12:17 AM

Any Sock KAL 3

Dustina's computer is on the fritz so she asked me to start a new uncluttered thread for your sock discussion! The old will still be available as a read only if you need to find some old posts or info. :thumbsup:

jberry16 05-19-2010 11:33 AM

So I guess after 1200+ pages of the anysock2 and over 12k posts it was time...boy we're a chatty bunch. Thanks Jan. Dustina I hope your computer is back to normal soon!

The.Knitter 05-19-2010 01:44 PM

So this is our new home.... so let's see if we can fill it up!!! :cheering:

G J 05-19-2010 04:44 PM

Dustina, we miss you! Hope your computer gets fixed soon! KH needs to get you an i-phone app!

jberry16 05-19-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G J (Post 1289232)
Dustina, we miss you! Hope your computer gets fixed soon! KH needs to get you an i-phone app!

They'd have to get her an iphone too, :teehee: I think she still has Verizon, they dont have the iphone (yet) and so she needs a blackberry KH app...I have a droid & would love a KH app... Sheldon????

G J 05-19-2010 08:15 PM

I have Verizon, too. Nothing fancy, though. Just talk and text.

jess_hawk 05-19-2010 10:52 PM

I've got Verizon talk and text too.

So I got a vacation this weekend: we went to my cousin's graduation and then down to the lake. My dad's uncle (who last month was diagnosed with cancer and given 6 months) died Sunday in the early morning - apparently he wasn't in pain until the last couple of hours (and of course then they put him on morphine). His son can't get back (from California) until next week so they've postponed the funeral (sparking a bit of family drama, but whatever), so we got to finish our trip. The weather was a little cloudy and drizzly at first but lovely yesterday. We had a good time with the cousins who own the resort, caught some fish for once... toasted marshmallows over the second most pathetic fire I've ever seen (and the first one was built from graham cracker boxes and partially dried kelp).

And today, I drove, and drove, and drove... looking forward to my own bed tonight!

And this saturday I'm hoping to get back down to St. Louis to the Ren faire and WBS! It's a two hour drive or so each way, not too bad!

The.Knitter 05-20-2010 07:12 AM

Today I weighed in at 165.4 so I've now lost 19 lbs.! No cigarettes since March 21, 2010 so I am nicotine free! I am on the last week of oxicontin (5 mg at night), then I will be narcotic free! I nearly lost my mind and probably my marriage doing all this but I am sort of coming back to "normal". I am going for couples counselling, trauma counselling, addiction counselling and we hope to walk out the other side of this mess as better people. Believe me, I need all the support I can get! Thanks my KH family!!! :hug:

The.Knitter 05-20-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cacunn (Post 1289265)
I think Frank is a understanding enough person that the marriage will stand, but the counseling and the talking out of feelings is a very good idea. Even the best understanding can get lost in the heat of the moment. Frank still have the hots for you or is that a different type of heat? :shrug:

Just remember to meet Frank at the door every so often in that special outfit you have. :oops:

He's understanding but sometimes tempers flair and things get said in the heat of the moment that should not be said. I try to walk away when he gets like this, but he follows me from room to room yelling. He will have to learn to control that and just walk away until he is calm and can talk it out rationally. The counselling should help us both.

He claims he still does Chris. Did I tell you he has lost 25 lbs.? He is looking pretty hot himself! I don't have that outfit right now, I could not get it on by myself! LOL!!! :woohoo:

Jackie Lim 05-21-2010 02:37 AM

Hi

:yay: ANY SOCK KAL 3:yay: