KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Names under the user name (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99568)

sissyv 06-17-2010 12:18 AM

Names under the user name

So how does the title appear under your computer name? Under mine it says "ribbing the cuff" but other people have different ones so ... how does that happen?

suzeeq 06-17-2010 12:23 AM

It depends on how many posts you've made. They're the steps in making a sock.

hyperactive 06-17-2010 03:33 AM

what I was wondering: what happens when you are done with your sock? :D

OffJumpsJack 06-17-2010 09:11 AM

Sock Steps

I haven't looked at where I am on my post count "sock step" label in quite a while. ;)

I knit my first socks two at at time, toe up on two circulars. That means for me the post count to sock step ranking is backwards to my experience. :think:

suzeeq 06-17-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

I dunno I think we all became mods when our post count got really high.... :rofl:

Ok I checked the member list and it looks like you get to go to the 2nd sock. Jack's method nonwithstanding, this presumes a top down single sock method.

OffJumpsJack 06-17-2010 11:15 AM

Presumes a top down single sock method...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sissyv (Post 1291838)
So how does the title appear under your computer name? Under mine it says "ribbing the cuff" but other people have different ones so ... how does that happen?

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzeeq (Post 1291839)
It depends on how many posts you've made. They're the steps in making a sock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperactive (Post 1291845)

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzeeq (Post 1291873)
I dunno I think we all became mods when our post count got really high.... :rofl:

Ok I checked the member list and it looks like you get to go to the 2nd sock. Jack's method nonwithstanding, this presumes a top down single sock method.

Clearly, Amy and Sheldon chose this post count ranking system because ...

...they didn't know me, erm, I mean "Jack" back then. :roflhard:

To Amy, Sheldon, and all the Mods, thank you for such a fantastic resource you've crated and maintained in Knitting Help dot com.

Jeremy 06-17-2010 12:28 PM

Thanks. You wouldn't believe the debates we had about this counting system.

hyperactive 06-18-2010 04:19 AM

Ahh! so Mod is the way to go. That's why I do not find a person with anything but a sock.

I would love a sweater to follow. back, front, sleeve, SECOND sleeve, hood, maybe. But I just knit away on my merry little way :D

suzeeq 06-18-2010 09:42 AM

No I was kidding about that, though it's true some of us have high post counts.

sheldon 06-18-2010 09:52 AM

I believe Amy and I decided not to reveal all the steps and let folks discover them as they reach them. I don't believe anyone has obtained the highest ranking yet (Ingrid may have? It's 25K posts!), and those with the highest post counts tend to be the mods, and being a mod removes the title from showing. The ranking become harder to achieve as you move up in rank. The first five are easy and take 500 posts to move through. The next five take 16,000 posts! So I guess you'all just need to keep posting more! :happydance: