KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   OT: KH's pets (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99639)

Abbers1026 06-23-2010 02:52 PM

OT: KH's pets

7 Attachment(s)
It's occured to me after the recent post for Blue that many of the other KH'ers have plenty of babies to show off...there may have already been a post about this before but I figured this would be a good place for everyone to brag about their little furry ones for a little bit...Below is my little guy Wrigley he's really more like a baby than a dog...he's a total riot and almost always is at my side and has some separation issues...just like many of you he is my knitting companion...

Attachment 54555
last year when he was super fluffy

Attachment 54556
this one is for last year's xmas card

The next few are of when he was a puppy
Attachment 54557
his grandma thought this would be amusing

Attachment 54558
just after his first haircut

Attachment 54559
he's named wrigley for a reason...true blue cubs fan...he also likes to lay like a frog

Attachment 54560
this is how he lays in bed if I get up for work and he's not done yet

Attachment 54561
when he gets super fluffy just how i love him his hair makes a nice poof or mohawk...

melmac51 06-23-2010 03:33 PM

He's precious! Is he a cocker spaniel?

Abbers1026 06-23-2010 03:36 PM

yea he is a cocker spaniel...the picture of him in the pot my mom named either cocker caserole or spaniel stew...

Jan in CA 06-23-2010 06:31 PM

Awww Wrigley is a cutie!

Here's my sweet Foofoo! Yes, that is her name because she's a Foofoo dog. :lol: Her breed is Coton de Tulear.

After the groomer -

Fur a little longer -

Playing with her giraffe-

alevtina 06-23-2010 07:02 PM

I'll take any excuse to look at pictures of other people's pets and post photos of my own! :D

Three years ago, in June of 2007, I walked into my local shelter with the intention of adopting a cat... and adopt a cat I did! This is Dixon, the day my boyfriend and I brought him home:

He was approximately three months old at this time. I had to wait a day before I could take him home with me because he had not yet been neutered. (He was at the shelter only a few days before I fell in love with him. It's shelter policy to spay and neuter all pets before they're adopted out.) His ears were freakin' satellites atop his head and his tail was ridiculously and adorably long. (I've never seen a dog chase its tail but I've seen Dixon pounce on his own tail! He played with it constantly when he was a kitten.) However, he was generally pretty small:

After all, he fit on my chest! (He would climb up my torso and curl up on my chest. It was cute but very uncomfortable.)

I think he was separated from his mother at a very early age because he developed an oral fixation. He licks any exposed area of my skin for prolonged periods of time and chews on everything:

This is problematic when it comes to my knitting. He's not a wool sucker (luckily!) but he does love chewing on my yarn. He paws at my yarn and stuffs it in his face when he catches it. If he doesn't chew right through it, he just leaves it sopping wet. (Ew.) Here he watches as I photograph a WIP (with the yarn safely placed out of his reach):

Because he's castrated, he's in a perpetual state of kittenhood. He loves affection and attention (he cuddles with me every single morning) and can be very talkative. He's very playful... which makes for a lousy mouse-catcher:

Rather than attacking his prey, he plays with it. My boyfriend and I have to be our own mouse-catchers.

Also? He's HUGE now!

(For perspective, I'm 5'4" and 130 lbs. I have no idea how big he is... but his body is at least as long as my torso.)

He has grown into his ears but his tail is still comically long. I sometimes call him "Question Mark" when he gallops to the door to greet me, with his long tail standing upright in a curved shape.

I love my Dixon and I can't imagine my life without him :heart:

Mike 06-23-2010 07:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Kit is an only dog now, and probably too spoiled to get another.
One when he was young and had a job, one more recent after he retired.
He is huge for a field English Springer Spaniel (70lbs presently).

ArtLady1981 06-23-2010 08:07 PM

This has been DELIGHTFUL! Thanks for starting this KH PETS thread, and thanks to all have shared (and will share) photos of their furry family!

vaudiss 06-23-2010 09:06 PM

Like most I LOVE:heart: to share pics of my baby...and my bf baby:aww:
I adopted Shadow at the old age of 4 form the shelter 3 yrs later I don't know where I'd be w/out all that FUR!!! He was the only cat that would talk to me...i trait I sometime question looking for :teehee: He was skinny(only about 10 lbs) and earmitey and adorable :)

He was also missing ALL the fur around his neck from that stupid tape collar....

Today he's 16-17 lbs and HUGE and no longer earmitey and ALL his fur is back....good/bad ---sorry about the fuzzy

B got Marco as a 6 wk old puppy---named him Marco casue he was the first away from Mama....This dog is so spoiled and he think I'm mama until the cat shows up....then I'm EVIL for bringing that monster :mrgreen:

Now as a cat owner i will bathe the kitty but I would never do this to the poor dear....and B should have when Marco was a pup and not so big as to stain the WHOLE HOUSE w/ food dye

And I promise it was food coloring and the dog was NOT harmed...the house was green and the bathroom was VERY green....btw it takes about 4 different passes w/ fresh water to remove green from the carpet :teehee: I watched

jess_hawk 06-23-2010 09:56 PM

This is my Artemis. I also have 4 mice, and I'm looking for a second bird.

Crycket 06-23-2010 10:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is Birdie. Yeah I know...unoriginal but when we tried to name her, it kept going back to Birdie.

Although I frequently call her Bird Face...

Attachment 54569

She doesn't like the camera flash, and therefore the camera...so there aren't too many pics of her!