View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 01:19 AM   #1
*Silmiriel*
Casting On

I need help w/loose side stitches on heel flap...
HELP!

I'm new to knitting but am ready to progress to more challenging projects. I'm working on the "Knitting at KNoon - Family of Slippers" free felted slipper sock pattern. Everything is going great except the heel flap. My slipped side stitches on the knit side are nice and tight but on the purl side, I have large, loose slipped stitches on the side of the heel flap (where you would be picking up the gusset stitches).

The result is when I go to pick up stitches for the gusset on the edge of purl side, it looks loose and sloppy, unlike the nice, neat knit side.

What could I be doing wrong on the purl side of the heel flap? I work really hard to keep even tension, but this is my second sock and it happens consistently. These socks are going to be felted, so the loose stitches won't matter too much in the end on this project, but I want to make some pretty socks with some Lorna's Laces yarn I have, and I would really like to know how to fix this.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this! I really love this site - I was able to teach myself how to knit very quickly thanks to the wonderful video clips!

Mary
*Silmiriel* is offline   Reply With Quote