View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 10:52 PM   #8
Howdovely
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to Howdovely
Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
Her directions are correct: k3,p3 on row 1, p3, k3 on row 2. The rib pattern takes up 6 st. If you have a number that isn't divisible by 6, the row ends with k3. So to make a rib, the next row starts with a p3. It ends with p3 also, so you repeat the 1st row again and start with k3. There's only one st in knitting, one side is a knit, the other is a purl. So when you're doing ribbing you need work each st how it looks to you when you come to it. A lot of patterns read knit the knits and purl the purls as they face you; this is where knowing how to read your knitting comes in handy.
Very good to know. I'm finally beginning to feel able to actually do something other than a scarf of all knit stitches. I've done a few dishcloths with patterns, but haven't really ventured away from that yet. Thanks to all of you 'pros' out there that we newbies can lean on, I think I might be up to it after Christmas!

Yay!

----> Howdovely
OTN: Pinwheel blanket for me; Camo Teddy Bear for future crib
COMPLETED: Lapghan for me; Baby Sweater #2; Steelers Skull Cap; Baby Sweater #1; 2 Baby blankets; Prayer Shawl for Charity; Bamboo Scarf; 8 Oddball Baby Blankets for Charity; Booga Bag for me; baby blanket for my neighbor; 3 Dishcloths for my sister
Howdovely is offline   Reply With Quote