View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 12:46 PM   #32
Sandy321
Casting On

Originally Posted by Shandeh View Post
Hi Sandy! Welcome to the KH Forum!

I hate that pattern too. It just seems so frustrating, because you tend to forget which stitch you should be doing from row to row. You want to avoid doing ribbing, so just knit the purls, and purl the knits. Hopefully, that makes sense to you.

The stitch pattern is a multiple of 6 + 3, so you could decrease the amount of stitches if you don't want it as wide as they recommend.

You could cast on 39 stitches for a narrow shawl, or 45 stitches, or 51 stitches.

Good luck!

Thanks for the Welcome.

Knitting seems to be something I should be able to do, knitting a prayer shawl is something I WANT to do... I just feel so ignorant - I took a class and learned how to knit different purls, stockingnette, stitches - but I surely have missed something in the brain!!

I'm sure I'd do better if I could sit next to someone!! I can cast on, but from moving from knit to Purl - it just seems wrong, and after knitting a few rows, it doesnt look right - it looks like I have a hole in the shawl - I even switched to basic yarn to see if that would help me "see" the work better!

RIght now I'm sticking to basic scarves, but after knitting 4 scarves this month, I think I'm up to the challenge of a prayer shawl!! I have a friend that truly needs to be wrapped in prayer! I know our church will send one to her, so I would like to contribute to the ministry!!
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote