View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 09:27 AM   #1003
Howdovely
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to Howdovely
Me
Hello fellow knitters. I received a message from doodknitwit this morning and realized I never updated anyone here.

I missed our Dec. 1 gathering due to needing to fly to Florida to be with my Dad. I arrived at his home at 12:45 pm, and he passed away at 5 pm. I was the first of his children to arrive, and it seems he waited for one of us. I told him he didn't need to wait for the others, they all understood.

I then wound up driving to Austin TX with my brother on Thursday and Friday, and finally flew home from there this past Sunday.

It has been a whirlwind of emotions lately, and I am grateful for the knitting and holiday things that need to be done, just to try to keep my mind off of things. I cry a lot now as a hobby, (haha) so I keep some wine handy to make a little party out of it. LOL!!!

Looking forward to the next gathering. God willing, I'll make it this time!
Brenda

----> Howdovely
OTN: Pinwheel blanket for me; Camo Teddy Bear for future crib
COMPLETED: Lapghan for me; Baby Sweater #2; Steelers Skull Cap; Baby Sweater #1; 2 Baby blankets; Prayer Shawl for Charity; Bamboo Scarf; 8 Oddball Baby Blankets for Charity; Booga Bag for me; baby blanket for my neighbor; 3 Dishcloths for my sister
Howdovely is offline   Reply With Quote