View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 10:51 AM   #10
Spikey
Turning the Heel

Hi Gang,
Shandeh and I were talking about exercise on her blog, and I thought I post the suggestions here as well:
I try to find creative ways to exercise, as it is difficult for me to get to the gym. There are so many things you can do around the house, that I can't believe I still find excuses not to work out.

Anyway, according to the Yarn Harlot, knitting burns 90 calories an hour! Knitting while walking or doing alternating leg extensions while kntting would certainly burn more (and help keep blood from pooling in my legs which is a problem for me),

Vacuuming, mopping, etc are all very aerobic. Anything that gets the body moving and the heart rate up is good for us. Video games can be a great workout if you really get into it! DH and I play Wii tennis and bunch of other Wii sports, which are a surprisingly good workout - and it is so much fun that you don't realize how long you've been doing it.

A workout partner can also be a great motivator. Arranging to meet a friend at the fitness club, or for an exercise walk, will make me do it, but I won't if I have to do it on my own.

The support from this group will be a great motivator for me.

Dark Hippy - Congrats on your engagement! I am so sorry about all of the loss you have suffered over the past year. All the best for a MUCH happier 2008, with treasured memories of those loved ones.
Spikey is offline   Reply With Quote