View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 11:57 PM   #2
zkimom
Working the Gusset

Ok, first can you try to get the stain out?

I found this here:

Remove Coffee Stains From:
Burlap, Silk, Wool

Blot up excess. Sponge the stain with water. Apply a wet spotter and a few drops of white vinegar. Cover with an absorbent pad dampened with the wet spotter. Let it stand as long as any stain is being lifted. Change the pad as it picks up the stain. Keep the stain and pad moist with the wet spotter and vinegar. Flush with water. Repeat until no more stain is being removed. If any stain remains, apply rubbing alcohol to the stain and cover with an absorbent pad dampened with alcohol. Let it stand as long as it is picking up stain, changing the pad as it does. Keep the stain and pad moist with alcohol. Flush with water. For a stubborn or old stain, try using an enzyme presoak (follow directions on label). Cover with a clean pad dipped in the solution and squeezed almost dry. Let it stand for at least 30 minutes. Add more solution as needed to keep the area warm and moist, but do not allow the wet area to spread. When the stain is lifted, flush thoroughly with water. (If coffee contained cream and any greasy stain remains, follow procedures to Remove Milk and Cream.)

Wet spotter:
To prepare a wet spotter, mix 1 part glycerine, 1 part white dishwashing detergent, and 8 parts water. Shake well before each use. Store wet spotter in a plastic squeeze bottle.

Check out my photoblog: Photobella

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
--Elwood P. Dodd
zkimom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zkimom For This Useful Post:
Vermilion Sparrow (01-17-2008)