View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 06:19 PM   #14
iwouldratherbeknitting
Turning the Heel

Thanks all. I left my new yarn out so I could see it.. and I just kept, kept knitting away at the little baby hat that I was knitting and I finally finished it after about 3 hours. *I posted the photo of the hat in the what cha knitting section.

So, last night.. I cast on w/ one of the soft fuzzy mohair yarns to work on a simple lace stitch that I could teach to a new knitter in the near future. (my friend wanted to learn how to do lace after I showed her examples in the yarn market of knitted scarves in a simple lace stitch.) The yarn market is a really good teaching tool too- since, they have knitted items on display and she was able to pick out the 'basket weave' stitch.. which is what I taught her to use for her scarf. I WAS SO PROUD OF HER.. WHEN SHE'D STOP ME AND SAY, 'Look, here's another scarf in the basketweave stitch.'

But, it was also a good teaching tool- because, I could show her other stitches in person by using the various knitted items in the different yarn vendors shops.
Here's the result..
Updated almost daily.. honest!
I'm moving to Germany this summer! My name on Ravelry is: iwouldratherknit
iwouldratherbeknitting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iwouldratherbeknitting For This Useful Post:
glojax (01-19-2008)