View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
redheadrachel
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to redheadrachel
Knitting in a motif?
Hey everyone! As those of you who read my posts may already know, I'm knitting three pairs of Monkey socks for my friends, in red and yellow and luscious bluey-green. I want to knit in ISAIAH 52:7 on the bottom of these, probably at the end right as I begin the toe decreases. I had originally planned on just stranding which I think would be really cool. Only problem is, one of the pairs is a really beautiful lemony yellow, and it is absolutely unacceptable for the stranded color to bleed - it would just completely ruin these socks! I was thinking about maybe writing it with purl bumps, which would be cool because it would be really subtle, kind of like secret scripture socks. But I did a little swatch, and it's completely illegible.

So, I'd rather not include the scripture on the bottom than have something bleed onto her pretty yellow socks. But I really want to include the scriptures on their socks (I'm not about to include them on the bottom of the red and bluey-green ones and not on the yellow...) because it's super important to me/us.

So any ideas?

"An excellent woman, who can find? She is far more precious than jewels . . . She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." - Proverbs 31:10;13
I'm a knitter for Jesus!
redheadrachel is offline   Reply With Quote