View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 12:24 PM   #6
VictoiseC
Instepping Out

Hi Bip! Well, bummer. You know, my 2 cents, I think you should find a real knitting group. Another knitting group. I'll bet you can through Ravelry or meetup.com. I say this because I went to my FIRST knitting group just this past Wed.
I don't know if I'll continue, well, I think I will come to think of it.

I've gotten used to staying home a lot (I don't have a job, I'm a writer) and it was such a gas to go and be around 20 knitters. At first though, this group on my right started talking about the baby clothes they were knitting and I just couldn't help think, oh boy, I'm out of here. This is not what I'm interested in. I'm past having babies and never got to have one so, yes, it's a senstive issue for some of us. But then things moved on and I started asking what some of the others were knitting, and there were just some gorgeous gorgeous sweaters, a couple I have to make and then I learnt two new technquies ... that was fabulous.

I envy you for having a horse! wow. I live in NYC but I have a place up in the catskills with 2 barns (old small barns) but the woman who sold us the place, 12 acres, had bunches of horses and even some that raced at Saratoga. I have the space for a horse but I'm intimidated to own one, plus I can't afford it coz we live in the city half the time.... Got any pictures of your horse? I'd love to see him/her.

I'll be there are a bunch of knit groups in your area. I just discovered that meetup thing, I found my group through Ravelry but then found out they are part of meetup. It's a pretty interesting .com! okey doke, all for now,

VictoiseC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VictoiseC For This Useful Post:
aprildavis99 (02-11-2008), bip (02-03-2008)