View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 04:14 PM   #5
AnnArrogance
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi dancemom,

The best I can do is give you some names and addresses, but, like cdjack, the ones I go to are all inside the Loop or in Spring. Maybe you can make it to one of them:

Yarns 2 Ewe (probably the closest one to Hobby, at about 12-14 miles away, which also has a GREAT selection--my usual shop)
518 Shepherd Drive
Houston, TX 77007

Mary Charles Yarn (Small but nice selection, not far from Yarns 2 Ewe--also about 12-14 miles away)
1710 Sunset Boulevard
Houston, Texas 77005

Nimblefingers (Needlepoint and Knitting, but small selection and farther out--25 miles or so)
12456 Memorial Dr
Houston, TX 77024

Twisted Yarns (this one is REALLY far, but great--about 35 miles away)
702 Spring Cypress Drive
Spring, TX 77373

I would recommend plugging them into Yahoo! maps and seeing if any of them are in your range. There are a few others, Merribee Needlearts, The Hen House, Upstairs Studio, and Yarntopia, but I've never been to them, although The Hen House, Upstairs Studio and Yarntopia are REALLY far out (Spring, La Porte and Katy, respectively), and I haven't heard many good things about Merribee (although if someone HAS been there and disagrees, please let me know--this is just hearsay on my part).

Hope that helps!

AnnArrogance

OTN: Arm-Warmers (still--major SSS!), Henry Scarf for DH, Socks for DH
March FO: Feral Fair Isles Dog Sweaters, 2 pairs of socks, Koolhaas Hat
Queue: 2 Feral Fair Isles Dog Sweaters, Ice Queen, Palindrome Hat, Sweet Dreams Throw, more socks, Fitzmaurice Sweater, Hardy Sweater
AnnArrogance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AnnArrogance For This Useful Post:
dancemom (02-21-2008)