View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
Simply_Renee
Turning the Heel

Yet another "Knit the knits & purl the purls" question...
I finished my first ever project over the weekend (a scarf, of course) and have moved onto a prayer shawl. The pattern is K3, P3, then on all subsequent rows to "knit the knits & purl the purls".

I just don't get it. (Edited to add this is an example- I know I k3 p3 across the whole row) So if you knit 3, then turn it- those knit stitches now look like purls, right? So do I knit them because on the reverse side I knitted them, or do I purl them because they look like they are purl stitches when I look at them? Or am I totally not making sense here.

At least it's Homespun- so it's not like mistakes are going to be that evident and it's hard to see the stitch pattern anyway.

Thanks in advance. At least now I know I don't have to unravel skeins to roll into balls before I start.

Recently FO- Quinn cabled bag, Evangeline fingerless gloves (2 pairs), Topknot baby hats, pompom & earflap hats, 8 pairs of socks, Baby Folkwear Caftan, Debbie Bliss Baby Shawl (blanket)

I'm SimplyRenee on Ravelry- feel free to add me as a friend & I will do the same!
Simply_Renee is offline   Reply With Quote