View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 12:17 AM   #1
redheadrachel
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to redheadrachel
Check out my new sock blockers!
Hey everyone! Check out my sock blockers... haha! lol This picture contains $.40 worth of sock blockers - not bad, eh?

Cheap, quick, easy, and works like a charm!

And I hate to admit it, but even blocking washable socks makes them look so much better! Arrrgh! I used to haaaate swatching and I never did it, because I thought it was a waste. Turns out that it's the best idea ever. And I used to never block properly becaue I thought it was a waste. Turns out it's another of the best ideas ever. I guess washable socks was the final frontier. I thought it woudn't make a difference, and it's possible that it doesn't make a huge difference once it's on your foot. But even my pretty socks looked like crap when they weren't feet... no longer! Post-blocking, these lacy socks look open and lovely :D

So get yourself a $1 package of plastic coated wire hangers and get to blockin' - you'll LOVE yourself for it!

"An excellent woman, who can find? She is far more precious than jewels . . . She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." - Proverbs 31:10;13
I'm a knitter for Jesus!
redheadrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to redheadrachel For This Useful Post:
cindycactus (02-26-2008), knit2btied (02-26-2008), Koehnae (02-26-2008), lelvsdgs (02-26-2008), snowbear (02-26-2008)