View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 02:27 AM   #22
happyfingers
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to happyfingers
Originally Posted by newamy View Post
I'm sorry you are going through all this. All I can say is he should help more and I don't know how you can put up with it. I feel very fortunate in that I have a wonderful husband who helps with everything.

But one comment;

Don't let your 15 y/o or your other boys turn out the same. Men are more often than not taught their behavior by their parents. In fact look at how your husbands parents conduct their lives...it might look familiar.

Bring the boys into the kitchen to help cooking along with the girls. If this is successful you will have some new helpers. My 13 year old son can fix a simple dinner and help with parts of more complicated dinners. He can unload a dishwasher and sort of load one, he's been learning to do laundry too. He vacuums also. He doesn't do these things perfectly but he does them! I consider this essential training for adulthood. My brothers were similarly taught to do household things....and it's a good thing too. One of my brothers works full time, his wife is schizophrenic and unable to work. She also does very little around the house d/t her illness, so he pretty much does it all plus he has to deal with her erratic behavior. They have no children but he has difficulties similar to yours.

I hope things get better and you get a break.

Youre right I said that part about my 15yr because he can do but will try not to...he does do the dishes and cleans the kitchen that's his chore ...It's just that I have to get onto him about it so much......I have taught the children to clean up after their selves there rooms , take out trash. even wash a load of clothes or two, etc.....it's just that it's a battle to have to tell them over and over...that's why I said their kids I know it's normal...I just needed to blow some steam....and every one who replied seems to understand again thanks