View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 11:24 PM   #22
bailsmom
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by jamiejeans View Post
As a nurse, I can tell you that even though every patient has a right to their medical records, there are certain procedures by law that must be followed. The law I refer to is HIPAA....the privacy act that mandates that all medical info about a patient be protected, and certain procedures must be in place with written proof of that such precautions were taken. That being said, it doesn't take that much effort to follow this. A patient must sign for release of the records, and usually the office/medical records dept needs about a week or so to release them.
Yep, I did this. Actually I sent the release form on February 25th, so they've had more than enough time to get this figured out and to send the correct ones. But apparently the people at my doctors office like to play the "let's be as difficult as possible" game with me. So yes, I am going to go to my appt on Tuesday and if he needs to see them, then they'll have to fight with them to get the films. I refuse to put myself through anymore of this crap. I had to talk to 7 different depts to figure out where they were and no one, and I mean no one knew where my files were. I was like a hampster on a wheel and that's unacceptable.

Wish us luck!