View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 11:21 AM   #41
Silver
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by princess View Post
ok, i have to ask. I have always been curious as to why people would quit smoking and then start again...
The first time I quit, was because I was pregnant with my son. So I quit for him, not for me. When I wasn't pregnant anymore, I started smoking again because I liked smoking and never really wanted to quit in the first place. Same thing when I was pregnant with my daughter. That's two quits. Another quit was for financial reasons. DH and I both quit because we were spending so much on cigarettes and we were trying to get a handle on our finances. So again, I didn't quit because I wanted to, and eventually started again when we were financially comfortable again.

This last time, one day I was just like, "I don't want to smoke anymore." So I quit, just like that. I quit for ME, because I wanted to quit. So it stuck. And I have no desire to start again.

I won't lie and say I never think about it. I do, because I remember what it was like inhaling smoke and blowing it out, and the relaxing feeling that came with it. Plus almost everyone I hang out with smokes, including my DH (although he only smokes outside) so it's hard to ignore. But even with all of that, I don't WANT to smoke again. I really, really love saying that I'm a non-smoker. I like waking up and not having that ache in my lungs that's only fixed by having a smoke. I LIKE that I quit successfully for ME and only me. I'm proud of myself and I don't want that to go away.

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote