View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #5
Simply_Renee
Turning the Heel

This is definitely that the cable needle is too small. Nobody I know can hold the cable needle too, you just drop it to the front or back. With size 11 needles- I would use a pencil as your cable needle, or a circular needle (not necessarily for your project, but AS the cable needle, you can thread it through so the needles hang and the stitches are on the cable itself so you can let it go if the needles are small), or a stick...you get the idea. Sometimes when I use a weird object as a cable needle I put those stitches back up on the left needle when it's time to work them. Don't be afraid to MacGuyver your knitting.

It isn't you, I promise! You can do it!

Recently FO- Quinn cabled bag, Evangeline fingerless gloves (2 pairs), Topknot baby hats, pompom & earflap hats, 8 pairs of socks, Baby Folkwear Caftan, Debbie Bliss Baby Shawl (blanket)

I'm SimplyRenee on Ravelry- feel free to add me as a friend & I will do the same!
Simply_Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simply_Renee For This Useful Post:
heatherg23 (05-14-2008)