View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 04:14 PM   #49
Minou
Ribbing the Cuff

Mary,

I was thinking of using the same technique we use in the center flower portion of the Hemlock ring to create the bases of the petals. Instead of nine increases in the double yo, do five to make the peacock eyes in the border of the Egeblad. I think the point of the extra yo's in the Hemlock is to give enough room to work those increases. I don't know that it really makes that much difference to have to work those stitches actually in separate yo's like the Egeblad pattern says to. When I used heavier wool, it left these annoying lumps at the bases of my stitches.

Karina,

The Egeblad bindoff is very easy. Crochet goes quickly and it's just making chains. I used single crochet and then made chains of five since eight was leaving HUGE loops around the edge and I didn't like the look of it.

http://baxterknits.blogspot.com/2007...-bind-off.html

I also found a very good photo tutorial in Marianne Kinzel's First Book of Modern Lace Knitting. If you have any questions on how to do it, let me know and I'll go through the steps in more detail. When I did it, it says to slip the knit stitches off the needle after you've done the single crochet to bind them together. I actually left them on the needle and kept working along the cable until I made 5-8 scallops and then slipped them off all at once. It's easier than working right at the edge of the needle. I used a smaller hook than what I knitted with, like about 1mm smaller, and it worked great.
Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minou For This Useful Post:
Karina (05-13-2008), mwhite (05-13-2008)