View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 01:41 AM   #25
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Originally Posted by MerigoldinWA View Post
ArtLady,

I had wondered if the discounts at WEBS meant you had to buy $60.00 (for the 20% off) or $120.00 (for the 25% off) of one kind of yarn, or maybe even all one color. But you're saying it is for everything in your cart, mix and match? That's better. And I may take them up on that sometime. (Soon?) But what about all that stash yarn sitting in yarn prison? Too bad. LOL
Well, here is a way to test it: dump $60 of Yarn A into the cart...and $60 of Yarn B in the cart...then click check out. It will take you to a pre-check-out screen (no commitment)...and your discount is shown right there.

I got the discount last Fall...buying two separate batches of yarn...neither came up to the $120 by themselves...but together they came to $120...and I got the 25% discounts! BOY!!! I sure loved that!!!

I think there is a discount for a $60 order, too.

Today, I had forgotten how the discounts go...so I did a test shopping cart! Saw the 25% on the next screen. But, didn't check out afterall.

I was looking for some charcoal tweed for a cardigan for my brother...but, in the end...I rummaged my stash...and found the perfect charcoal tweed (JoSharp Silkroad Dk Tweed) and 12 skeins...about 1800 yards!!! WhooHooo! I forget why I bought it several years ago. I guess I was saving it for Ricky.

He came by today to show me his blueprints for a BIG KITCHEN REMODEL he landed...and he saw my blue CPH tweed hoodie, and ooooed and ahhhhed over it. I've never knit a sweater for him...but I'm gonna have one done for him by Fall. I spent the evening rummaging my pattern books, and found a perfect cardigan. Simple, and masculine, and a twisted rib throughout. It will show up good with the tweediness of the yarn. That JoSharp Silkroad DK Tweed is 20st=4"...and besides wool, it has silk and cashmere.
I made an Elsebeth Lavold Viking Knits pullover (eggplant) several years ago. Loved working with it! Rick seems to like the softness of my CPH.

Til later!

Knit on Good Women!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote