View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 03:00 AM   #1
frogsalot
Casting On

Shrug - help with fit
The shrug pattern that I am using calls for ribbing, then decrease the total amt. of stitches by 50% and knit the body in a pattern stitch, finishing up with increasing back to the original number of stitches and knitting an equal amt of ribbing. I have completed the shrug. The ribbings are seamed, and the arms go through the openings left open by the pattern stitch. There isn't a correct top or bottom - it's reversible. The ribbing acts as a collar and also a bottom edge. My question is in regards to fit. On the back side of each armhole, it pouches out a little over an inch - otherwise the fit is fine. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? I don't have the option of trying it on the person and then making adjustments since she is many miles from me. So I would like to be able to fix the problem area, mail it, and move onto the next project. I have definitely decided that I need to shorten both ribbing sections by 1 1/2 inches as they are a bit deep. I was also wondering if I decreased the length of the pattern stitch area by a couple of inches would this take care of my problem? That would be the simplest solution. And yes, I have ripped back a completely knitted shrug back to the first ribbing area - so I would like to get it right on this go round. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
frogsalot is offline   Reply With Quote