View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
bjc1050
Turning the Heel

You probably can learn to some extent on your own. However, to become truly proficient I would recommend that you get a teacher when you can afford to. A teacher will give you more discipline and help you with execises for your fingers and be a more objective listener than you or your family. At the very least practice, practice, practice. I taught myself to play from beginner books, but never got good enough to dare play for an audience. Never had the time to practice for the hours required to be really good. Guess I got sidetracked somewhere along the way. I had some natural ability for music when I was around 9 or 10. Taught myself to play a toy trumpet and my sister's song flute that she was taught to play in sixth grade. My real desire was the piano, but we didn't have space for a piano in our mobil home, nor the money for one. Finally got a piano as an adult, but had little time to practice between working full time, and household chores and two children.

Good luck.

http://crochetbydayknitterbynight.blogspot.com/

Gen 8:22

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease
KJV
bjc1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bjc1050 For This Useful Post:
Jacy (06-01-2008)