View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 06:07 PM   #5
dtsmith327
Casting On

Thanks again for the help. If I am on a row 3 of the eyelet stitch pattern, and I am on a 4 sts + 3 row (short of sts for the 4 sts + 1 eyelet pattern), I will do as stated and begin with: k1, sl1, k1, psso, yfwd. Then where do I start row 3 to "pattern to last 3 sts"? Do I start with the k3? Or do I skip to the *yfwd, sl2, k1, etc. I cannot get the stitches to come out mathematically correct. I am using a row of 11 stitches in my mind to do the calculations (a multiple of 4 sts + 3). I am trying to figure out what the row would look like all written out:

Regular Row 3: k3, *yfwd, sl2, k1, psso, yfwd, k1*, rep from * to *, end with k3 (instead of k1).

Modified Row 3: k1, sl1, k1, psso, yfwd, k3, *yfwd, sl2, k1, psso, yfwd, k1*, rep from * to * to last 3 sts, yfwd, k2tog, k1. This modified row does not come out correctly mathematically, so I am very confused! I also do not understand how rows 1 and 3 of the eyelet stitch pattern would share the same modification. Thanks for any advice you can give.
dtsmith327 is offline   Reply With Quote