View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #40
RuthieinMaryland
Turning the Heel

Location: I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland - GREAT steamed crab country! :o)
Keeping little ones creatively occupied...
Hey, Ellie -

GREAT idea about decorating the cans/tubes that are recycled for holding needles and other really important knitting "stuff"!

We're having a family party next Sunday (24-26 people) and when we get them all together I try to have some art projects for the little ones and the ladies as well. The male types are self-occupying with sports, playing pool/ping pong, etc. so they're no worry. Usually I have some small ceramic or wooden pieces and a bunch of acrylic paint and craft brushes and we get around the kitchen table (which is covered with thick brown paper) and paint while we talk. Then everybody gets to take home a little keepsake of the day.

I've got some of those tube type cans that Pringles chips come in and those'll make a GREAT project for the little ones (7 and 9) to decorate for me for my needles. (they like to make things for Granma). It never even occurred to me until I read your post!

So thanks for that!

Ruthie
RuthieinMaryland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RuthieinMaryland For This Useful Post:
kellybigeyes (07-25-2008), princessbonniejane (07-25-2008), rywillmom (03-14-2009)